Matte colors on supras????

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
So I am fixing to get my trim in. Though maybe I should go ahead and start the bodywork and paint before putting in interier seeing how I am going to a completely different color. I have seen not many if any MKIII matte color. I was thinking of silver with everything blacked out. OR Black with chrome wheels and such. Anyone good with photoshop that could maybe see how it would look? Or seen any and have input?

This is the look I have in mind. (I know its a porsche)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Keep in mind the porsche in that pic is satin, not matte there is a big difference.

I've seen a WRX here in town that was done up in some type of really tough black, textured box liner and it looked really cool to be honest. But then again this is a WRX that regularly saw rally racing and rough roads and rocks. So the coating served a purpose also.

When I was painting my car, the sealer was a light army green color. It looked sorta neat, but not better than gloss IMO.

The other issues I have with any color matte paint is, what do you do when it gets a mark of some kind that you normally would just "buff" out. You can't buff anything matte or it becomes, well, not matte. This would make any paint or mark fixes really obvious, worse even than maintaining a high gloss paint job wouldn't it?

Just checked that link posted to the SF supra, that is also satin I believe, but I could be wrong. Satin gives that sorta slight "sheen" to the curves, more so than a outright matte would.

Last edited:

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
My mistake i am referring to satin not matte.

I don't care for the looks of that particular car. Had the lights not been blacked out and the handles not swept it would be alot better.

I would like to see a MKIII in matte silver with black trim.

The Harley in my sig is matte. and you could in no way clean buff or touch it up. thats why i got rid of it.

Now there is a clear that actually is a satin or non high gloss. That is easier to maintain.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VooDoo;1613238 said:
The Harley in my sig is matte. and you could in no way clean buff or touch it up. thats why i got rid of it.

Now there is a clear that actually is a satin or non high gloss. That is easier to maintain.

Well there ya go, I learn something new every day, I only could speculate before about difficulty in upkeep.