Master Power Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
I posted in the turbochargers thread but really didn't get much of a response, so i figured i would post here in a land with alot more traffic....

I have been offered a great deal on a Master Power Turbo. From what I am told it is equivelant to the Garret GT35. It has Garret internals, as well as a .70 compressor housing, and a .68 hot side. it is T4 flanged, so it will fit my manifold, but i was wondering if anyone has dealt with this turbo or seen it in action. The price is honestly unbeatable, so i would like to know if i should take it and use it, or resell it and get myself something different? HP goals are not important per this thread yet, as I don't want to spoil/start a thread war with that, I want to know opinions about the turbo's efficiency, reliability, experiences, etc....
thank you
~Ahmed

I now have possession of this turbo but still need answers to the above questions. here are a couple of pics...

p865517_1.jpg

p865517_2.jpg

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
You are from illinois, If you got it from Aura racing it's worth it,
I have seen yusuf with his Masterpower T-70 for quite awhile, It's
pretty realiable & he made tons of power out of it.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Are you sure that's not a .63 hot side? It looks very similar to mine, and I have pretty much the same turbo it appears.

Quality out of the box is as good as anything else I've seen. Price was great. About 1/2 what a comprable "Garrett" would be.

Have not actually run this turbo yet. (Might be a different story by the end of this year..)

My "T-70" specs.
Compressor minor is 69.5mm Major is like 88mm IIRC.

Turbine wheel is P-Trim.

Compressor housing AR is .70 and polished. (Further ported by me.)

Turbine housing AR is .63, T4 flange to manifold, and V-band to Downpipe. (Ported and coated by me.)

CHRA is standard floating bushings, and just oil lubricated and cooled. (T4 based fittings.) (Thermal coated by me.)
Does not look very big under there.
p865917_1.jpg

Close up of the V-band side.
p865917_2.jpg

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
is this a t70? if so, i have a buddy that has a master power t70 on his 7m. he has around 5k miles on it without any issues- but its never seen over 12psi.
if u r interested in selling/trading it, pm me.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i ran it shortly on my 7m before it blew up again, and i absolutely loved it. Depending on how much money I have before I build my 1j, I'll either get this or a bullseye turbo. I did love this turbo though. From the little boosting I did do, it spooled just as quickly as my pt61 that I had on before I went to the t70. Both turbos had the same turbine ar, but I did put cams on the t70 setup, but not the pt61 setup. Everything else was the same, so I consider it a pretty good comparo. I hit full boost in higher gears by 3600 rpms, and it pulled HARD to redline. In lower gears, boost was noticed around 4k rpms. I don't think I'll get a t70 though for my 1j. I'm going to get a bigger turbo.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
^^^^because you are right. It's not garrett internals but garrett parts can be used. Also adjuster maybe you got a older unit? As the newer ones are a .68ar turbine

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
ok, this is definately a .68 hotside. I know it has Greddy parts, very minimal shaft play. I think I'm gonna stick with it. NOW, what kinda numbers are people putting down with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.