master cylinder?

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
If you see brake fluid leaking onto you carpet under your dash on the drivers side its you clutch master cylinder. Mine has taken a dump twice now in the last 50k miles. So this time I replaced both the master and slave cylinder. I cleaned the reservoir and steel line down to the slave cylinder, then Instead of using corrosive brake fluid I used DOT 5 Silicone brake fluid.

Last edited:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
There are only 3 places it could leak from
1) Master cyl
2) Pipe (hard and/or soft)
3) Slave

Look under the dash in the area where the clutch pedal is. If there is any wet spots then change the master ..... However you should just go a head change them both or you will ended changing whatever you did not change later.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
suprageezer said:
If you see brake fluid leaking onto you carpet under your dash on the drivers side its you clutch master cylinder. Mine has taken a dump twice now in the last 50k miles. So this time I replaced both the master and slave cylinder. I cleaned the reservoir and steel line down to the slave cylinder, then Instead of using corosive brake fluid I used DOT 5 Silicone brake fluid.

Or you can simply use "clutch" fluid it located right next to the brake fluid :)