marlin crawler race r154

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
anyone know why the shifter housing is raised about 1"? in the pictures 1988ma70supra posted, and on marlin's site, it shows the shifter housing extension?

and if you want someone who is known to grenade transmissions, give it to zazzn.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Doward;1328278 said:
Depends on the quality you'd want.

Basic rebuild - $500ish+parts. Blueprinted quality rebuild - $800ish + parts.

As of this morning, my first 5th gear sets are on their way to me. Should be here at the end of the week! I'll only be accepting 2-3 transmissions to rebuild at any one time.

Difference between the two, just curious?

cherplex

SC300*
Jan 10, 2008
Maryland
Who here is personally running one of these MC boxes and how much HP or where can I find information on high hp supras running these.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
I have gone through 3 of marlins washers. All the gears had trust clearance between .15-.20mm and oil clearance was within spec. None of the washers were broken but first gear was worn out on both trust faces and the washers has .5mm taken off where the gear makes contact. The washer was the latest revision.

The engine makes 590 ft/lb at the wheels. That should be ~700 at the crank. Spec Twin clutch and 26" M/T on on the back. 3.5" al drive shaft. The car is trapping consistently 132-3. I don't know, maybe I dont know how to drive right???

I would like to see trap speeds from all those people that are running the crowler transmissions without a problem.

Let the flaming begin. LOL

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
2JZ_MA70;1368825 said:
I have gone through 3 of marlins washers. All the gears had trust clearance between .15-.20mm and oil clearance was within spec. None of the washers were broken but first gear was worn out on both trust faces and the washers has .5mm taken off where the gear makes contact. The washer was the latest revision.

The engine makes 590 ft/lb at the wheels. That should be ~700 at the crank. Spec Twin clutch and 26" M/T on on the back. 3.5" al drive shaft. The car is trapping consistently 132-3. I don't know, maybe I dont know how to drive right???

I would like to see trap speeds from all those people that are running the crowler transmissions without a problem.

I agree!!! I really wanna see if anyone makes a much power as you on a R154 & races the damn thing.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
2JZ_MA70;1368825 said:

Destroying the marlin thrust washers and destroying a MC trans are two totally different things.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
di_rosa;1328830 said:
anyone know why the shifter housing is raised about 1"? in the pictures 1988ma70supra posted, and on marlin's site, it shows the shifter housing extension?

and if you want someone who is known to grenade transmissions, give it to zazzn.

you bastard it's only trans #5.

BTW you really want to test if you can nuke a trans, install a RPS 3200 clutch.... BYE BYE R154... that sob is so grabby, that you can churp 4th.

broke my first R154 on stock CT26 when I was making 400 tq @ the wheels... Also broke the subframe in the rear haha.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
Oh yeah its the trust clearancess I forgot.

That is before or after the gear break the oil film cause all the oil is in the tailshaft housing on hard acceleration.
Good clutch and sticky tires will destroy that transmission all day long i dont care if NASA put it togather.

Regardless if the R154 works in your application that is great. I did not work for me. Im going a different route.

Just my 0.02... take it for what you want.