MAP-ECU 7m-gte 550cc map

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
Not really sure where to put this post so I figure the tech page should be alright. I tried to in the piggyback section, but was having trouble to get my thread posted.

I was just curious if anyone has a different map for a 7mgte supra with 550cc injectors other than the one supplied off the mapecu website. Let me know if you do as it would be greatly appreciated. Just want something to get the car going so I can drive it to the dyno.

Thanks

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I think that you have to wait for a thread to be aproved in that section.

But you maybe just want to go to the MAP-ECU site, and sign up on their forum.
I have found that they answer questions very quickly, and most likely they will have a base map on file.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
ogre;1479219 said:
hmm , does this mean you are flashing your own ecu , this is news to me what kind of cable are you using?

MAP-ECU is a replacement EMS which is reprogrammable... the stock ECU is not, if that's what you are asking.

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
gofastgeorge - I am on their forum, it is not very active so I thought I would have better luck on here.

ogre - just as CRE stated, the MAP-ECU is a piggyback ecu that also has the ablility for the user to remove the Karmen Vortex air meter and utilize a map based system. I use a serial cable with the MAP-ECU

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
ogre - same principle both take a pressure/vacuum reading and convert it to a kv signal so that the ecu can interpret it, however they do differ from each other in some ways.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Why doesn't the base map from their site work? Just wondering because I'm going to use that map to get my car running once done with my build.

Oh, isn't there a function two where the MAP-ECU can learn the tuning curve of the stock karman vortex to get a base map for you?

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
Suprapowaz!(2);1482434 said:
Why doesn't the base map from their site work? Just wondering because I'm going to use that map to get my car running once done with my build.

Oh, isn't there a function two where the MAP-ECU can learn the tuning curve of the stock karman vortex to get a base map for you?

when i downloaded it, it comes programed for 4cyl instead of 6

and also has missing points(low rpm, high boost)

spots you will never use, but yeah...

the map ecu can be set to learning mode, but its kind of pointless unless you are running stock injectors. any up sizing in injectors pretty much kicks the learning mode out the door

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
suprapowerz!(2) - When I loaded it the map supplied off the website the car doesn't idle well and will break up at low throttle. I was just trying to get a hold of a little more secure map.

ml43 - I am going to look into the learning mode because if I can get the kv inputs that are there when the lex afm is on the car it should be close.

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
I will be honest, in our experience with the MAP ECU and 7m is not good. We love them on anything but a karman vortex metering system. The car will always have a tip-in, and weather changes will causes issues.

On one car we swapped to AEM, and it was night and day.

I believe I have a very rough map for 550cc injectors from a car we worked on, but turbo setup, even injector type could make it obsolete. Can you give me more details about the setup so I can see if the map might help at all?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Raven97990;1482784 said:
I will be honest, in our experience with the MAP ECU and 7m is not good. We love them on anything but a karman vortex metering system. The car will always have a tip-in, and weather changes will causes issues.

So you guys ran it with the KV in place? Can't you run the MAP-ECU without it? That's what I was hoping to do when I run mine.
Is anybody else going to run one delete the KV system?

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
Raven979900 - My mods are as follows: 57trim ct-26, DDP down pipe 3in rest of the way, 2.5in hard pipes with spearco replica, aeromotive afpr, 550cc injectors, lex afm (but that wont be needed soon). And I have been running around 16psi.

Suprapowaz!(2) -Yeah, that's what I am going to try and do, run kv elimination, so no more afm.