map ecu 2 wiring

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
anyone know where to find a write up on how to install a map ecu 2 on a 89? also is there a place to buy a plug and play harness pretty reasonable if i decide to go that rout instead???

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Wow man that has got to be the most simple form of a wiring diagram I have ever seen it even shows you what pins on the comp go to what on the map ecu2 harnesses. If you cant read these diagrams you should take it to someone who can, because if you need to ever look at the wiring diagrams for the car its gonna be a nightmare compared to those. Not trying to be an ass just saying.

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
there are two harnesses for the map ecu and i cant tell what wires go where. and asfar as the car wiring diagram i have looked at them and they dont make any since to me but i havent ever been shown how to uses them either. i understand where the pins and stuff are but not what wires from the map ecu harness go where...

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
On the 18way plug (bigger plug) That is all the mapecu wiring which you only use a few of the colored wires. Now the smaller plug is only for the ignition for the timing and reading. This harness is not as easy to install as the original map since you need transistors and resistors wired in. Can you snag a pic of your work space with the wiring set up as if you were going to start wiring. I may be able to color code someway for you.

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
ok i looked at it again but for some reason i didnt realize that the middle was 3 plugs( ecu plugs) i thought that the diagram only showed the 7m harness plugs, so i think i got it now thanks guys but if not you will hear from me again lol