Mamba turbos on Fleabay

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
honestly buying a "Ebay" or Chinese turbo is not a good idea, they tend to be made of cheap parts and fail rather quickly.
im not familiar with that exact line of turbo but it may work out good for you. the compressor wheel itself is considerably bigger so you will gain more power.

id go with a name brand turbo that are known to last, like Garrett, Precision, Borg Warner, Holset, Etc...
are you looking for a bolt on ct26 style turbo? there are many options and the most common is just to modify the factory ct26 with a bigger compressor wheel. (57trim ct26)
there is a guy on here named Albert or driftmotion.com that do the mods. i think theboostlab.com also does it.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
LOL sheedy126, this is not knowledge to me ;) I'm not looking to buy this either, but there is a new option and it's interesting and wanted to see if the community have tried this.

BTW just because it's on ebay doesn't mean it's crap, i'm just stating it's interesting, and maybe actually very good once balanced on the stock shaft with their housing. No need to bash before you test....

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Yeah you're definitely right and I wasn't trying to bash you about it at all. I've seen a few people opt for the cheaper turbos found on eBay and usually end up having bad luck with them

This one may be different, though. I wasn't sure if you were wanting to buy one or not and figured if it does end up being a cheap quality turbo, there are similar priced turbos that are known to be good quality :)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk