Major electrical problems!!! NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
hey guys, the other day i was driving when out of nowhere i herd a pop behind me then my phone charger in my cig lighter started smoking, all my gauges went out along with the radio. then the horn started going off and the headlights went up and down. now the wipers stay on even when the switch is in the off position, i can only stop them by removing the fuse. the tail lights stay on even when the lights are turned off and key is out of ignition, the only way i can turn these off is unplugging the lamp failure box. also my super monitor isnt working, nothing is showing up on the display. i found the short already so that isnt a problem anymore, but i cant seem to figure out what happened to everything. i need some help guys thanks.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
yes all fuses are good, i have warning and indicator lights just nothing behind the gauges them selves, i checked the bulbs and replaced any bad ones

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sounds like some wires may have melted.
I once had to replace the entire body harness in a civic for the same reason.
Driving along, and poof- half the electricals died.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
my amp wire was loose in the hatch and it grounded out. it blew my alt and battery, have a new alt and batter. it also burned through my fuseable link. replaced that along with the engine fuse and its putting out like 14.32 volts i believe around there. the car is charging just some things still arent working. im beginning to think its my switches on the steering column because it controls the lights and wipers

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Those were a few important details left out of the original post. My guess is that the original event created a big transient that took out some of your electronic modules. You might try testing the integration relay #2 for a start.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
no, i wasnt thinking when i unhooked the amp and tucked it under the seat, im beginning to think the switches on the steering column are fried because i cant control the wiper speed, turn off parking and taillights or turn on gauge lights.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
your really lucky if your ecu didn't fry. you probably fried the combination switch. i'd make sure & check that all modules & electrical things on the car are working...
I have no idea if our cars have one but from experience from a 98 ford f150. the gem module was fried & the wipers would stay on even if the key wasn't in the ignition. no control over the wipers what so ever.. & the windows wouldn't work.. changed the GEM & it works fine now..