maftpro v4.8 issues

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i recently upgraded to v4.8. after upgrading, i did a reset and put in my base settings. and so far everything has been going smoothly except for a few things.

1) i have my vf signal hooked up to maftpro via aux1. since i installed the pro, ive been experiencing a wierd issue. when i first start the car, the aux1 gets no reading. even after i warm it up, nothing, 0.00V. my afr are a bit high around 15-16 at idle and the ecu doesnt compensate very well during cruising. if i shut the car off after its warmed up, and start it again, everything is fine and i get a vf reading around 2.3-2.4V. anyone else having this problem.

2) about 2 days ago my vf signal started reading a little higher than usual (after i restart the car when it warms up). it used to stay around 2.3-2.4. all of a sudden its around 3.2 at idle, and goes up to 4.43 once i start driving. and it stays pegged 4.43 even after i stop driving. now my afr at idle is around 13.6 at idle. i havent changed any fuel pressure or settings except boost control. cant seem to figure out what happened to change this.

3) does anyone know where to get a quick start guide for v4.8. i know the settings are similar to v4.4 but there are a few other features that im not familiar with.

4)and finally, in tunerpro, i dont know how to create a new bin file. or where to get a bin file for v4.8.

any help would be great. ive been searching everywhere for some answers but have come up with nothing. i am trying to get these kinks ironed out before the etown meet this saturday.
thanks a lot
-pete

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
sneakypete said:
i recently upgraded to v4.8. after upgrading, i did a reset and put in my base settings. and so far everything has been going smoothly except for a few things.

1) i have my vf signal hooked up to maftpro via aux1. since i installed the pro, ive been experiencing a wierd issue. when i first start the car, the aux1 gets no reading. even after i warm it up, nothing, 0.00V. my afr are a bit high around 15-16 at idle and the ecu doesnt compensate very well during cruising. if i shut the car off after its warmed up, and start it again, everything is fine and i get a vf reading around 2.3-2.4V. anyone else having this problem.

2) about 2 days ago my vf signal started reading a little higher than usual (after i restart the car when it warms up). it used to stay around 2.3-2.4. all of a sudden its around 3.2 at idle, and goes up to 4.43 once i start driving. and it stays pegged 4.43 even after i stop driving. now my afr at idle is around 13.6 at idle. i havent changed any fuel pressure or settings except boost control. cant seem to figure out what happened to change this.

3) does anyone know where to get a quick start guide for v4.8. i know the settings are similar to v4.4 but there are a few other features that im not familiar with.

4)and finally, in tunerpro, i dont know how to create a new bin file. or where to get a bin file for v4.8.

any help would be great. ive been searching everywhere for some answers but have come up with nothing. i am trying to get these kinks ironed out before the etown meet this saturday.
thanks a lot
-pete

I've never had the VF issues you're describing... maybe some other people can chime in on that.

For 4.8 quick setup, browse around the fullthrottletech.com forums, specifically here: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3116

As for getting a bin file, if you reset the Maftpro and you have the proper xdf and ads files in place so you can connect to it from Tunerpro, you can just do a download and then save those settings to get your starting "all defaults" bin. Or are you looking for someone else's customized bin?

Using an AC adapter for your laptop that plugs into the power outlet in the car can also have strange effects (vf wonky, unusual afr's, etc) particularly if it has a bad grounding design.

Hope that helps,
Jim

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
Heckler said:
I've never had the VF issues you're describing... maybe some other people can chime in on that.

For 4.8 quick setup, browse around the fullthrottletech.com forums, specifically here: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3116

As for getting a bin file, if you reset the Maftpro and you have the proper xdf and ads files in place so you can connect to it from Tunerpro, you can just do a download and then save those settings to get your starting "all defaults" bin. Or are you looking for someone else's customized bin?

Using an AC adapter for your laptop that plugs into the power outlet in the car can also have strange effects (vf wonky, unusual afr's, etc) particularly if it has a bad grounding design.

Hope that helps,
Jim

thanks for the link. i have the 4.8 xdf and ads files loaded on tunerpro. when ill download bin from emulator. and when i try to save when im done, it says something like, error: no bin loaded... so i cant save

i dont use an ac adapter in the car. plus, i started experiencing the vf problem before i started using tunerpro. the pins on the connector arent bent either. the only thing it could be is that maybe my soldering to the ecu wasnt good. so i guess ill have to double check that.

thanks
-pete

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
sneakypete said:
thanks for the link. i have the 4.8 xdf and ads files loaded on tunerpro. when ill download bin from emulator. and when i try to save when im done, it says something like, error: no bin loaded... so i cant save

i dont use an ac adapter in the car. plus, i started experiencing the vf problem before i started using tunerpro. the pins on the connector arent bent either. the only thing it could be is that maybe my soldering to the ecu wasnt good. so i guess ill have to double check that.

thanks
-pete

What version of Tunerpro are you using? (Help -> About - > Build #)