MAFT-Pro plug and play connector...

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Hey all. I am just now getting around to installing my full maft-pro kit. I know that I am going to be wiring/soldering a ton. I was wanting to make my own plug-and-play harness connector that would allow me to revert back to stock if I ever wanted. Something that would do either one of two things (picture below):

1) go between the ECU and the harnes plug in - ECU ]=--=[maft-pro]=--=[stock_harness, and where the "==" are would be a multi-pin connector. This option is a little doubtful since the ECU plugs are probably more unique than the maft-pro plugs.

2) splice/tap into the stock harness and have a pin plug connect to the maft-pro - ECU]=[stock_harness]=---=("T" off the maft-pro). This method would utilize an end cap of sorts to revert back to stock if need be (that would provide a simple loop to keep the wiring connected).

I know this is way over-simplified and that there are other connections, I am just using this to show people what I'm talking about. The red wires represent the stock wiring and the blue wires represent the new maft-pro based wiring.

attachment.php

I know that the stock harness plug would probably be hard to find. Does the maft-pro use standard pin connectors (I know next to nothing about the standards, if any, of pin connectors)?

Has anyone done this before? I searched and all I found were dead maft-pro threads and tuning threads.

Attachments

• maft_pro_harness.jpg
    maft_pro_harness.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 91

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
those dead maft pro threads have all the information you need to wire your maft pro in.

i think the jumper harness would be a bad idea. the maft pro like's solid signals

my friend tony has a loose tps wire causing trouble, and i have loose pin's before

that cause some signal jump.

when you connect the wire's to the harnes make sure you remove a small amount of sheilding with a razor blade so you do not hae to stretch the coper wire, it may break over time with handling if strectch,
i learned this from using the plier style wire strippers, my set doesn't cut the wire just pushes the sheilding back.

if you really want to attempt to have a second conector at the harness i would first wire it up how i did, then when every thing works, then cut the wires 6-10 inches or how ever long you want .

this way you know it worked right before you test it with a second connector!

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I put an MAFT-Pro (speed density) in this summer. And love it. I think once you get in the hang of tuning it, and find out how much better your car can run, you'll not have the urge to go back. Especially with the AFR tracking... It's amazing.

I think the only reason you should be worried about wanting to revert to stock would be if you plan on selling your car any time soon, and want to sell it in stock condition.

IMHO - Wire it in there bomb-proof so you never have to touch it again, and tune away. You won't want to go back to stock.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Yeah, I'm not selling my car anytime soon; I was just wanting a way to go back to stock just in case something went wrong with the electronics so that I could still drive.

And I referred to the dead maft-pro threads in a sense that they didn't have anything about going plug-and-play (I already know how to wire it up, just an idea that I had).

Thanks guys