Maft Pro + 880cc, good idea???

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
so i just got a set of precision 880cc injectors for basically free, brand new only 10 miles on them. (previous owner maxed them out on dyno on his mk3 and had to get 1000cc so he let me have them LOL) so my question is, are they too big for maft pro to handle, ive read that most owners only really use 550s with maft pro???? i havent installed maft pro just yet.

my mods are, stock turbo, full 3inch exhaust, new greddy headgasket and arp studs, eagle rods, cp pistons, bc stage 2 cams, titan cam gears, prosport boost/water temp gauges, aem wideband.

if maft pro is capable, whats safe and what isnt?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
To me there way to big for a stock turbo. You won't even max out stock injectors with a stock turbo.

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
i mean i have a 57ct, just not installed, i figured id do it all at one time, pump, injectors, maft pro and the turbo, then go from there.

and oh when i bought the car in december i think the previous owner has the lex afm on it. i just installed the aem wideband last week, its stupid lean at idle, somewhere like 17+. but when ur driving with a load, its around 14.7 to 15.5 cruising. at wot its at like 11-12.5 being that lean at idle, is that a recipe for disaster?

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
As far as running MafPro with those injectors yes it will work. But with that small of a turbo and being that it is still on the CT frame it is kinda pointless. Also with the 880s what else has been done to the fuel system to support the flow through the injectors?

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
i got a walboro 255 and a aeromotive fpr, just havent installed. just got the car on the road a month ago, finally broke the motor in 2 weeks ago, only running like what 5-6 psi of stock boost, im prob gonna end up just sellin them and getting a set of 550s instead. i was only looking to make around 500 in the end so i guess 880s are a bit too much.

and oh btw thanks scubajtw i just got those blue suprasport decals today in the mail, looks awesome on the car!