maft help

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
i installed a 1st gen maft in blow-thru mode and am having some trouble. it has a slight hesitation b4 4k rpm. no bogging....its just not as responsive as it was b4 the maft. as soon as i pass 4k it pulls very nicely. anyone have any ideas?

mods are full exhaust, dr mbc upper hardpipes, walbro with j-tube still in place

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
what size injectors and what size maf is it set for? what are your corrections?

normally 4-4.5k is where the stock ecu starts dumping in fuel altho you say its worse than it was before.

when i had mine setup for 550cc injectors and 3.5" maf (as suggested despite running a 3") and it too felt like it fell on its face around that point.

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
3 inch maf, 440cc injectors, no corrections....everything zeroed,base is at 2.....it doesnt fall flat on its face...its more like it builds power sooner. spool is the same if not quicker, its just that u feel it later.

could it just be a simple boost leak?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
monitor Vf's at cruise, and definately get a wideband on there to see whats going on.. you may have a boost leak but its very important with maft to know your A/F.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
iceberg319 said:
i thought that with everything set to zero it would drive like stock?
that is true but like the poster before me said you are in blow through....also if we good see your a/fs around the rpm range where you are having the problem...we could see if its tuning, not getting enough fuel, or something else is the problem

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
the reason i say that you need a wideband, and to monitor your Vf's is because I run that same setup and there is simply too much guess work without keeping an eye on those two things. Trust me, its a great setup once you get it setup properly. I love the plain old MAFT.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
iceberg319 said:
mid and wot

But what if you only richened it from 14/1 to 13/1? You still could be way off or have bad lean spots, but without a wideband who knows?

Just a heads up, so your next thread will not be about thick smoke or a bhg!

Last edited: