ma70 problems!!

ey everybody i have a few questions, first of all i have a 1991 turbo supra,
my car is a manual tranny the last owner told me da the car was an automatic and i wanna know how or where i can see tranny code to see if is the r154 or w58. by the way i think the ecu still automatic so this can make me lose power or something like that? and thanks 4 listening.:1zhelp:

by the way i dont know a lot of english i from mexico, i still learning.

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
it will have trouble keep up to a lightly modded integra when just stock. if you add some bolt ones you will walk all over him. it doesn't sound like you have any problems...maybe check codes and for a boost leak

AlexSmith

Argue this!
Feb 16, 2007
DFW Texas
First off, welcome to Supramania from the states:) And congrats on purchasing your car. Sorry there is a lack of support there in Mexico, but hopefully we can help you out here.

Just for piece of mind, I would recommend getting the right ECU to match your tranny. I don't know if that will change anything, but just seems like a good idea to me. If you are good with the Internet, please post pics of your car for us to look at, and you to show off. Also about the Integra, I had one walk all over me... when my car was non turbo. I think it may be an even race now, that I am at stock turbo status. Integras have a pretty decent power to weight ratio, and a modded one will give you trouble. Just give your car some regular bolt ons, and you will soon change that drastically. We will bear with your English skills, just try to get your point accross as best as you can. Some people cannot even do that and English is their first language LOL.

BTW what are some more stats on your car? Mileage, condition etc?
-Alex

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
Minoria_Zelekta said:
ey everybody i have a few questions, first of all i have a 1991 turbo supra,
my car is a manual tranny the last owner told me da the car was an automatic and i wanna know how or where i can see tranny code to see if is the r154 or w58. by the way i think the ecu still automatic so this can make me lose power or something like that? and thanks 4 listening.:1zhelp:

by the way i dont know a lot of english i from mexico, i still learning.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
AlexSmith said:
Just for piece of mind, I would recommend getting the right ECU to match your tranny. I don't know if that will change anything, but just seems like a good idea to me. -Alex

If you dont know dont comment. I have been running an auto Ecu with a manual tranny .....The auto ECU works just fine with the manual tranny both r154 and w58. However a manual ECU will not with an auto tranny.

Hey make sure your car is in good mechanical condition. A compression test would be great idea. Torque the headgasket down to about 75lbs, get an exhaust, intake, shimm the wastegate right below fuel cut and you will out run those integras.

o gracias a todos seguire todos sus comentarios. thanks to all i will follow all this comments ok.
to alexsmith= my car is a 1991 turbo supra with sunroof leather interior an manual tranny mileage i dont know cuz the speedometer dosent work. and by the way sorry for my english i will try to learn more but i prefer this than be without clue thanks all!!:icon_surp