M.A.S. question

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
ok i know that if you put a mass air flow sensor before a BOV you run rich so if you put it after the BOV say on the TB would this eliminate that issue?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
yes. can you do that with the KV airflow meter that the mkiii comes with stock?

maybe...

before seeing it done in person, i would have said no way. however ive seen it done on more than one car now both online and in person.

ive seen it on one 7m in a mkiii and ive seen it more frequently in NA-T sc lexus swaps.

the problem is, as far as i know no one has really tested that setup to see if everything is actually working the way it should.

but these cars run and boost on that setup.

on 87-88 mkiiis, there is an external HAC sensor. supposedly its good for more than 1 bar above.

anyway, maybe someone more educated with this can chime in here.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
also do i need the ISC sensor i'm asking these thing so that when i finally get enough cash for Ron to make me a manifold i will be ready to go.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
This is not the response you want to hear

But to me this sounds pretty ghetto-rigged.

I'd personally go the MAFT Pro Speed/Density route, to do everything you want , except someone has spent countless hours researching it so it'll work right, plus you can now tune your car, and use it as a boost controller

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Jaguar_5 said:
This is not the response you want to hear

But to me this sounds pretty ghetto-rigged.

I'd personally go the MAFT Pro Speed/Density route, to do everything you want , except someone has spent countless hours researching it so it'll work right, plus you can now tune your car, and use it as a boost controller

for sure the MAFT PRO is the better option.

however, ive seen some pretty clean set ups using the stock AFM and an adapter for it to clamp an IC pipe onto it. it could be completely out of sight also if you had a front facing intake manifold.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Hell, just run a GM MAF blowthrough with plain-ol MAFt...
IIRC the KV AFM's don't last long in blow through (don't quote me on this)

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
supra90turbo said:
Hell, just run a GM MAF blowthrough with plain-ol MAFt...
IIRC the KV AFM's don't last long in blow through (don't quote me on this)

my mind was blown that the cars ran at all. if i had spare car to mess around with i would test it out my self.