LS2 coils and AEM EMS Map

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
well I will keep here posting the advances on my set-up...
6 LS2 coils on batch fire with the 1º gen AEM EMS on a 7MGTE

finally I got my engine runing with that base map

Crank sensor - supra 87-92 turbo
coil dwell wizar - vette ls2 coils but with the Coil dwell factor set at 2
ign phassing - 0.90
pick up delay- 130
rest of values - 0

I am still needing to check the ign with the estrobo lamp

the engine revs up very well and fastest than before with the DH61 igniter but making a little changes on the ign phasing it start to run bad.

but if any one have other options... will be very well welcome .

I have one of ground wires of the coils to the cylinder head and the other to the chasis.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
ok today I was playing with the Ign Phasing to try to get the 10º at the crank but not possible because every time I try to adjust it , it dies or run roughly.

with the estrobo lamp I get the engine running like a dream! when the ign at the crank is negative , exactly -10º at the crank..... no idea way but it runs like never did before and rev up similar a F1 engine hehehe ok ok similar not same ehh!

today I set the Ign Phasing at 0.98

tomorrow I will try it at the road with those values to see what happens ??????

one point, I have my cam shaft timming are moved -3º on both cam shaft looking better low end.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
its incredible how smooth and quite is the engine now at idle but it dosn`t run well ... typical problem with the LS2 truck coils , herisation , miss, when driving
but I found my Inject phasing are negative also so I will try to play with and see what happens....
offcourse I need to get the ignition advance well because -10º is not normal hehehe so Ihave something wrong or the coil dwell or the ign toht or...

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
ok playing with the inject phasing I got the timing set at +10º
now I have
inject phasing all 0 and the at the "inj advance map" starting from 0 to 81.6
ign sync 0.62 because I can`t set the "0" moving the CPS (it reach the limit on one side)
coil dwell 10

if the ign map is to advanced at high revs , it misfire and explosions at 15 psi or over

if the ign map is to low at medium revolutions (2000 to 4000) at full throtle or closed its tend to lost power

so I set the ign map arround 30º over the +0 psi 3000 rev and lowering that value to -8º at 30 psi 7500 rev
runs relatively well but I need to modify the fuel map aswell because it is running lean on certain moments....

if anybody can help me???

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
Injector phasing should be purely a function of engine RPM. I run zero at idle, up to around 70 degrees at 6750. Do you have the phasing set to inject over open valves?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Funkycheeze
yes somenthing like that but relly when I play with it it dont make any difference or almost any big difference

I question for you
I know with the ignition Phasing we moving the timing or the spark foward or backward but what happen with the injection timing?
if I have the CPS not at the cero possition , with the Ing phasing I can set it at OT on the cranckshaft (the " ECU timing" move the IGN Phasing basicly) wat happen with the injection ? it will no be at "OT" so the timing for the injection must be moved same as the IGN spark no???
regards
P.D. good work with your multiplexer solution!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Updating

well! the engine is running like before....about 4000 rev and over 15 psi the engine stall and no power.
but i am thinking that the problem is other....
because the problem appears after some modification so maybe one of those is the problem
I found the fuel temp was to high after some runs..... or like the engine stall at high boost (only 15 psi !!!) could be the fuel press regulator problem ehh??

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
not posible to get it run correctly with the LS2 truck coils.... looks like the spark is inconsistent, maybe with some capacitors....
will try later after the next race.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Ok!
I went back to the 7mgte coils and the problems back....just over 22 psi the car missfire a lot
I been thinking way?... I got those problem after the last modifications because before the engine hold 30 psi with out miss so maybe the problem is that! , one of the upgrades ....

the last upgrades was
040 bosch fuel pump
the IS300 igniter (Mux off)

but the Is300 igniter with the 7mgte coils!!! and Im thinking that is the problem
that tandem works but maybe is not the ideal and maybe thats way the spark disapears at high turbo boosting also playing with the Dwell (20 looks better than 19)

or maybe the problem is the fuel temperature , because with the new fuel pump and the fuel bottle the fuel temperature gets more temp than normal.

one inportant thing is that, with the IS300 igniter and 7mgte coils the engine felts more full than with the LS2 coils with the same injecttion map.

Last edited:

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
You'll need to run a CDI amplifier like a HKS Twin Power or similar with the IS300 igniter and 7MGTE/2JZ-GE coils, at that kind of power level.