Lower Super Pro bushing install

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i have bought the Super Pro bushings for the front. the upper bushings are easy to install but i have gotten confusing info on the install of the lower a arm bushings. the instructions dont mention anything about reusing the outer sleeve of the oem bushing. it appears to press out the old bushing cartridge with sleeve and install new bushings.

the bushing is a bitch to get out with a press because it has a lipp on the outside and you cant put a load on the outside with a tube/collar that applies force all around the bushing and only onto the a arm while you press on the actual bushing from the other side with the press. the colar has to be removed then press it thru. this will destroy the outer sleeve.

the hole in the a arm that the bushing cartridge goes into is about 46.6 mm ID and the blue busing is about 46.3 mm OD, IIRC. thats not a tight fit and can be pressed in by hand. the sleeve is another 3mm thick so that makes a ID of less than 43mm for the bushing to go into.

My question is for the SUPER PRO bushings (not SS red ones) do i reuse the sleeves or just put the blue bushings directly into the A arm?

i posted some pics of the lower arm bushings and a arm holes. one pic has the bushing cartridge that has the outer sleeve on it. the bushing is moulded into the outer sleeve and then pressed in the A arm for oem. the last pic is the bushings out of the upper aluminum a arms with installed blue bushings. i will be adding grease fittings later.

Attachments

• bushing & sleeve.jpg
    bushing & sleeve.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • lower a arm bushless (1).jpg
    lower a arm bushless (1).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 26
  • lower a arm sleeve (1).jpg
    lower a arm sleeve (1).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 27
  • press (3).JPG
    press (3).JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 26
  • upper a arm bushings.jpg
    upper a arm bushings.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 33

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
i don't know about Super Pro bushings but when i intalled a set of energy suspension polyurathane bushings i had to remove the sleeves on a side note they where not installed on a supra