low idle...sometime stalls

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hey so my car would idle around 500 and it wouldn't always do it. It would idle fine at 750 but sometimes it would just drop down while id be sitting or right after giving it wot then slowing down. I got a code 31 for the afm and i thought that would be part of the problem so i got a different afm last night and swapped it. I took it for a test drive and it was fine. Then today it started doing it again. And within a half hour it stalled 4 times. Then i let it sit for awhile and drove it home and it didn't stall but idled low. Any ideas? Thanks

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
i was kind of wondering about a leaky bov since it only seems to do it after i boost but why would it start leaking now after it was fine for awhile. I use a turbo xs rfl so could the spring be wearing out or something?

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Are you running a stock ecu? vented or recirculated? Check IC Piping couplers?

Sounds like when you're slowing down after boosting, you throw it in neutral instead of just letting off the gas. I could be wrong.

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
A-to-the-J;1664596 said:
Are you running a stock ecu? vented or recirculated? Check IC Piping couplers?

Sounds like when you're slowing down after boosting, you throw it in neutral instead of just letting off the gas. I could be wrong.

Stock ecu, vented to atmosphere, never had problems with it stalling when vented for a few months. I've checked all couplers everything looks good. I can hit full boost so i wouldn't think it would be a boost leak. Also it doesn't just do it after wot i can be just sitting at a stoplight and it will drop down to 500 and it will stall sometimes. Im not just putting it in neutral its whenever i let off the throttle it idles low. So im thinking bov or iscv needs to be checked?

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
I don't know but I had really low idle (400~rpm) and stalling sometime on a stock 7mgte. turn out my battery pole was too thin for the connector and the ecu would reset everytime I turned off the car. The ecu had to re-learn it's fuel and timing table and it would ran crappy for a day or two

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Could be a vacuum leak somewhere. My throttle body gasket was leaking and it would do the same as you describe. The blow off valve if not recirculated will do the same thing.