Low Idle - running rich

1jzQuest

May 29, 2009
Illinois, Davis
OK i need some suggestions as I have looked over everything and cant seem to get the thing to idle were it should.
This is a 1jz - Walbro fuel pump - DM's bypass line, I checked and cleaned IAC, tps when I unplug the idle goes down than comes back up, new Water temp sensor, I removed the vsv due to a nipple breaking off on install and not running the charcoal can. The ecu was opened up and no black poo under any of the caps. The car starts right up no issue. The exhaust is extremly rich but doesnt backfire. If i snap the throttle the car stumbles and than revs up - but if I slowly open it the car revs up no issues. Revs coming back down it almost dies than regains and returns to low idle. I plugged the two ports that were for the vsv but if I open one of those the idle comes up and the response when I snap the throttle is like night and day. It seems like its getting to much gas causing it to bog down.
Anybody have any ideas what could be my issue?

1jzQuest

May 29, 2009
Illinois, Davis
Found something insteresting but I dont think its the root cause or maybe it is but it seems backwards - I was looking at the vac lines and noticed a small pinhole in the vac line that goes to the FPR - So............I replaced the line and the bam she idles and revs perfect even when I snap the throttle. BUT.............should it not be the other way around if I was losing pressure on the diaphram it would cause a lean condition? All the vac lines are so soft and weak - I am going to replace them all. The pinhole was right at the end of the manifold nipple where the rubber was stretched over hump - so small.