Low idle cold high idle when warm

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
What would cause my car to idle at like 750 when I first start it and as it gets warmer it goes up to 1100 rpm.

I adjusted the tps to spec, timed the engine and cleaned the iacv but I think the iacv is junk can you ajust them?

Also car has no vacuum leaks

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
Any codes? Cause mine would do the same when I was getting code 22 so the cold start wasn't working like it should since it didn't know the engine was cold.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
Well doesn't hurt to try cleaning it. Cause when I had code 22 mine would take I while to start but when it did it ran at very low idle till it was warm.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ok update. I took out the IAC and it was closed causing the low idle p. I took it apart and spun it until it was all the way open. Put it back together put it on the car 1700 rpm steady no drop after 15 to 30 seconds so I took it all apart again. Closed it all the way. Put it back together and back on car closed all the way 600 rpm. Steady no increase. I'm guessing the IAC is junk because if it was good it would adjust it self after 1 minute. And I also can't hear it click when I turn the car off the only click I here is on the passenger side of engine bay.