low boost 12psi 7M cruise

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
This is my little tribute to my 7M as I will be going 2JZ hopefully by the end of this summer. I have nothing bad to say about the 7M. This video was taken this past weekend. Car has had a rod knock for probably 5 years now and the MHG is finally giving up after about 8 years, so I do love this engine toughness. Hopefully a 19psi video will follow next weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI_UfC8dBzU

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Car sounds really nice. I kept waiting for the coolant to hit the windshield but it never happened...........are you sure this was a 7m?

I kid I kid.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
suprahero;1250301 said:
Car sounds really nice. I kept waiting for the coolant to hit the windshield but it never happened...........are you sure this was a 7m?
I kid I kid.

lol, I keep waiting for that to happen as well, or a rod to punch a hole in my block, but it has yet to happen since ~2002. My BHG is the exhaust in cooland type, so that's might be the way it's going to give-up one day lol. I'm considering doing a quick MHG job to enjoy it more since I've never dynoed that set-up.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Supra28;1256357 said:
Car sounds really good sir. You have yourself one tough properly built 7M.

Why are you going jz?

It's more of a freak 7M, it's a stock and tired engine, the rings are probably worn lowering the compresion which is probably why it's tolerating the boost that well, lol. It just won't give up.

As far as 2J, I'm just wanting to try something different. I have all the resources available to me thanks to my friends' shop who works on some of the fastest supras in miami and also has one of the best tuners in the country that does his tuning.

fonz87;1256362 said:
so your driving and boosting the car with a rod knock ?? how bad is it ?

The knock has been audible in the 2.5k-3k range in neutral when you hold the rpm since day 1. I don't know if it's because of the 15w50 oil, but it has never gotten worst. I've had a rod knock engine fail on me before because of driving it, but that one is been running fine for ~5 yrs like that. (I don't recommend anyone driving around with rod knock)