Lotus Elise

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I love them I got to drive a hard top with the sport pakage, it was amazing, oh and the mrs-s doesn't have a g series motor its a 1zzfe lol, stupid econamy heads blah, they need to make the mrs with the 2zzge motore to rperesent the old school mk1 (like mine) with a high reving motor.....than turbo it! i don't like the mk2 mr2's that much, ther to wominized and to big, but hay, not an mr2 thread now is it...how I do miss my old turbo mk1 tho...sigh ah well I would take and elise any day except the 50K price tag tho

Bullz_EyE

ToP DeaD CenTeR
Jan 26, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oh yes, I love the Elise as well, although it is chore to get out of the car. I wrote a review on it too for another forum:

Bullz_EyE 10/08/05 said:
I just spent $75 (+ $20 1 time membership fee) to test drive a Lotus Elise for 10 minutes and I don't regret any minute of it. Well I do regret not bring $20 more for 5 more minutes of seat time.

A new company here recently opened renting out exotic vehicles. Porsches, Maseratis, Ferrari's, Mercedes, and they also have a Gallardo and the Elise. On certain days of the month they setup an auto-x style course and allow you test drive these vehicles for a fee.

I chose the Elise because I knew it was a "Drivers" car. A minamilistic approach to car design with pure handling prowress in mind. And that it is. The cockpit fits you in snug and the steering wheel is non-adjustable, but well placed. The close ratio gear box has a tight gate with notchy feel but leaves for short-throws and a crisp feel. Handling setup is extremely neutral and balanced. Pushing it hard into a sweeping corner and it gives slight understeer but can be easily modulated with throttle input. The turning ratio is tight and leads to quick directional changes, which the car handles beautifully. Handling in this car is nothing short of astonishing. Aside from that, its light weight combined with powerful, nonfading, easily modulated brakes slow the car down extermely efficiently. The engine pulls well even below the 6000 RPM cam x-over. Above 6000 it sings a beautiful humm as it pulls fast to its 8000 RPM redline.

To sum it all up, Grip, Phenominal, Nimble, Quick, Responsive, Precise, and more Grip these are the cars traits that make for an exhillerating ride. Pure sex !!! I want to do it again!

N

NDBoost

Bullz_EyE said:
Oh yes, I love the Elise as well, although it is chore to get out of the car. I wrote a review on it too for another forum:
i want a place like that here in arizona :(

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
I can drive it whenever, but its jsut a little too small for me, i have to roll out of the car when getting out, for being 50k though it really does draw alot of attention...

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
BoostFreak said:
I love them I got to drive a hard top with the sport pakage, it was amazing, oh and the mrs-s doesn't have a g series motor its a 1zzfe lol, stupid econamy heads blah, they need to make the mrs with the 2zzge motore to rperesent the old school mk1 (like mine) with a high reving motor.....than turbo it! i don't like the mk2 mr2's that much, ther to wominized and to big, but hay, not an mr2 thread now is it...how I do miss my old turbo mk1 tho...sigh ah well I would take and elise any day except the 50K price tag tho

I never knew it was a f series 1zz in the mr-s. I thought it was the g series like in the Celica GT. hmmmm..learn something new everyday. But the 2zz with lift, man would that make a mr-s scream. There have been swaps with the 2zz turbo'd and put in an mr-s. there's a guy at newcelica.org who has one. It is supposed to be a real beast.
oops, but I digress since it is an Elise or Exige thread. Gimme a bright orange one!!

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
im gonna try to get a video of us runnig together, i have to find some free time tho, second modterms this week....school, school, school.....:cry:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
Ya I love that car too... It seems to me like the perfect daily driver ... quick, agile, fuel efficient, and fun to drive. I'd get one in a heartbeat if I wasn't saving up for other things in life.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
They are a buzz to drive but a bit to noisey and rattly to drive on a daily basis IMHO The Exige is acctually slower than the Elise in a straight line due to extra mass and alot of drag. Personally I would rather have the Vauxhall VX220 Turbo (Opel Roadster) same car but with more sound deadening and a 2L turbo engine with 197 bhp and 185lbs of torque much nicer to drive if like me you don't want to be bouncing off the limiter to go fast.

car_portal_pic_8690.jpg