Loose injector seals

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Hey Mania:

I have a set of 550 injectors from R.C. engineering. I'm replacing my injector seals, but I'm very uncomfortable with the "new" seals. The seal that goes on the outlet end of the injector is somewhat loose and have a little play, and they fall off the injector, they are all like that. I got the seals from well, "E Bay" we know how that can be, never know what your gonna get, yes they are new in a sealed pack. When I took off the old seals that came with the injectors they were snug with no play. ( maybe they were Fel pro, don't recall), but I dont think so.
I talked to R.C. and they said even the new seals have a little play and they have never had a complaint. They have been using that seal on the seven m ever since Christ was a child.

How does a loose seal NOT have an air leak, should I worry? Do seals expand?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Try pushing a seal into the manifold bore. You will hopefully find it is a tight fit, and will be compressing the bushing down in size so the injector is held tightly.

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
I would recommend scrapping those and buying Toyota bushings and o rings. I’ve had a case where the previous owner used off brand bushings and over time they swelled and deformed causing a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk