Loose Clutch Pedal

8uwav6

Mar 31, 2008
Rolla, Mo
Before I dig into the car, the clutch pedal has very little "working room." I push the pedal almost all the way down before there is any resistance at all and only the last 10% or so of travel is working the clutch. Is there any adjustment at all or is this a sign of the clutch going out?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Being able to start without touching your clutch means your clutch safety switch has been bypassed. This won't cause a loose clutch pedal.

As far as bleeding the clutch, you can also follow brake bleeding techniques. The valve is on your slave cylinder hanging off your tranny. Go buy some new brake fluid before you do this, because you will need to top off the reservoir when your done.

818Supra

Feb 12, 2008
Pacoima, CA
Mine started doing the same thing. It has too much clutch play and Im leaking brake fluid by the pedal inside the car. I still haven't gotten it fixed, and I'm not really sure how it happened. I have to refill the clutch reservoir every couple of months with brake fluid and its fine. I guess just check the clutch reservoir, and fill it with Dot 3 brake fluid.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
hey jeff tryed calling you its the adjustment on the pedal.... the clutch is fine it happened to me a couple of times and I had to adjust the rod from the pedal to the master cylinder... it is not the clutch.... You adjust that and all will be fine....

sending you a pm about something else also..

8uwav6

Mar 31, 2008
Rolla, Mo
suprarcr89;990263 said:
oh and the clutch saftey switch was bypassed when I got the car and i never really worried about checking into it to see why... sent you another pm

I am not real worried about the switch either, just thought I would throw that out there incase it was related.

Thanks PM replied to

Jeff