Looking to buy a MKIII. Advice plz

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
well its a non turbo so chances of it being lsd are less. please someone correct me if im wrong.

for that money honestly i'd keep looking for a turbo, yea holy crap that is extremely nice and immaculate and worth the $$ if you just want the ride. if you want higher performance the n/a wont be as much fun as the turbo, but still fun.

if you like the car as it is go for it by all means but expect the following.

a head gasket job, there is an incredibly large chance you will need a new head gasket because toyota doesnt know you have to torque the head bolts. but beyond from that just general maintenence.

but like i said, if you just like the car as it is not so much for beating people at the lights then go for it, it looks worth it but head gasket should be on your mind.

if you want the extra power then save your money and keep looking for a turbo, if you do it will be so worth it performance/ego wise.

F

FreytheViking

thanks guys... I'm gonna check it out next week and see if it's good. If it is, I'll be a new MKIII supra owner =).

F

FreytheViking

MDCmotorsports said:
Get a turbo, or you will regret it.

Look for signs of transmission leaks, rear end leaks, coolant leaks, and rust under the rear fenders.

Is it that much of a difference... 200 hp vs 230?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yes.

You can only get an NA car soooooo far in the HP & "Fun" range, and then you hit a brick wall.

With a turbo car, your possiblities are only as far as your wallet will carry you.

:)

Not to mention, a cheap and simple 3" straight pipe from turbo back will give you more than enough satisfaction for the time being. You do the same upgrade on an NA car and you will go home with a thin wallet and not much else.

F

FreytheViking

MDCmotorsports said:
Yes.

You can only get an NA car soooooo far in the HP & "Fun" range, and then you hit a brick wall.

With a turbo car, your possiblities are only as far as your wallet will carry you.

:)

Not to mention, a cheap and simple 3" straight pipe from turbo back will give you more than enough satisfaction for the time being. You do the same upgrade on an NA car and you will go home with a thin wallet and not much else.

Is it possible to fit a turbo kit on the NA engine? Enough room and etc? Any ecu concerns? Oh... how do u find out that the car ur looking at has the sports package (ala lsd and tem) other than creeping under the car and looking for the lsd.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
FreytheViking said:
Is it possible to fit a turbo kit on the NA engine? Enough room and etc? Any ecu concerns? Oh... how do u find out that the car ur looking at has the sports package (ala lsd and tem) other than creeping under the car and looking for the lsd.

The tems is a button close too the shifter it says sport and Normal and it is possible too make a N/A turbo.

bought my N/A for 400 bucks and I plan on having the motor Rebuilt for 800 so im happy with how much I spent on my supra its needs a paint Job bad tho plan on doing that at school. And turbo is another part of my plan total will still be under three grand.

F

FreytheViking

okay so I emailed the dealer... didn't visit yet since they are not open on weekends. They said that "there is some rust by the trunk, by the spare tire well." Not a big problem is it? Do Supras tend to rush or...

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
Supras don't tend to rust but after 15+ years the rear hatch can develop a leak around the rear spoiler, the weather stripping can fail or the tail light seal goes bad. If the owner is negligent and doesn't repair the leak water will collect in the tire well and you'll end up with some rust.