Looking for a 2JZ Guru in the Central Virginia area to help sort out my tune!

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
OK. I live in Richmond, VA and my 2JZ-swapped Supra needs a proper tune on her to run correctly, cause right now she's burning thru gas (and oil!) at a fast rate. Is there anyone in this area that can help me sort out my engine? Props to Seth Ingham (sethron71) for building and installing my motor, but he has since moved on with his business and new life to Cali and I am still learing my new build.

My link at the bottom of this post has my specs on the car as it stands now, with an Apexi NEO SAFC, AFPR, and Innovative wideband O2 with LCD.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I'm pretty sure the oil line to the turbo is leaking as it's collecting around the alternator down there, so that should hopefully be a quick fix. Everybody can smell the gas I'm burning out thru the exhaust, and now I may have a sensor problem.

When the car is up to operating temps during a normal drive and I shut it off, like if I went to the store for something then started it again to go home, it acts like it's in limp mode as it won't rev past 700~800 RPM. It takes 4+ hours to cool off enough for it to act normal again, so I need to sort that out as well. The major problem with that is my ECU is in the engine bay instead of in the cabin (due to short wiring on the 2JZ loom), so I'm already looking at ways to get it back inside the cabin where it belongs.

I just hope the ECU hasn't started to desolder itself inside the case.... :icon_mad: