look what va is doing to control emmission

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
ouch.... CA has very strict emission controls.... I am afraid to go do the smog check done on my car.... but here they offer a program to assist you with the cost or CA will buy your car to get it off the road....

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
BlkSupra87 said:
true... thankfully we dont have the man power to do something so extreme...

hmmmm.... something to think about......:nono:

california dont have the man power???

their the state that started the whole obd thing, on board diagnosis, which is an emissions check, then by obd2 came out they dont even have to put a sniffer in the tail pipe any more, they check to see if the check engine light is on, then check for codes, some codes they will let you pass but no if it's an emission code, then you need to fix it.

oregon and washington are considering to adobt the california clean air act standard for emissions..

definitly a nasty thing,

what i dont like is, if a really bad polutting truck passes, then you and 6 people drive by, is it going to give you emissions checks cause the truck smog is still in the air? let alone are they going to put laser radar dectars in them and send you ticket's in the mail aswell??

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Thanks JJ.

As I've said before California is absolutely out of control with idealist tree huggers with no sense of reality or the damage they do the country by driving up costs to achieve NOTHING in many cases. There are many examples. Sad thing is, it's like a cancer and this kind of idiotic crap ends up making it's way into other states.

There should be a prison for extremist environmentalist freaks that could be nuked when it gets filled up, and then rebuilt again for the next bunch.

Rant over, and I feel a tiny bit better. Thanks for asking.

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
what would be a real good way to lowered your emmission with out spending alot of money

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
jimi87-t said:
They do that here in TX also, I just push in on the cluch and cruse by, you can see the truck from a ways away.

Yep! Big white vans w/ a camera and sniffer set up on the on-ramp lanes to the freeway. I usually avoid them. Nazi bastards!

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
MDCmotorsports said:
Seriously, I would love to go over there and turn the AF to 9:1 and boost away right in front of one of those mutherf'cers.

Lets see it "compute" a nice lead based af of 9:1 @ 18psi

Sounds like when we used to set highscores on police speedtraps...

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
i dont think they can really do anytihng about it if u just drive by, id prolly jsut say i had a missfire and that was causing the bad emissions, then id slap a cat on it and go to a inspection station and tell them all i did was change the plugs.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
I like the line "with little or no inconvenience to the vehicle operator" when this whole procedure violates my right to face my accuser. And, there's the proving yourself innocent problem, just like those speed and red-light cameras. Fortunately, so far, the ones I've seen are easily avoided, which I do. I'll turn around and drive around the block rather than drive through this measuring station. At least the emission test is free if you pass, though where is the compensation for my time that I have to take off from work or sit in line for hours to get the test.

Consider that the sign posted next to the van merely says, "Survey ahead". That is quite misleading. I thought they were surveying traffic patterns by seeing which cars take the same routes every day. They really snuck this one up on us.

Rant rant rant rant...

Asterix