Look what I found!

I was helping my parents move to their new house, when I came across these...

img0820lp.jpg

img0822c.jpg

img0821n.jpg

Just thought it was awesome, and figured I'd share!

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The game gear was the only gaming system I ever owned. Back in that day it was the shit, color and all. But I never have been much of a gamer.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I still have all but my old Genesis that I once had. Kinda been gaming since I'm sure most of the people on here were still in diapers though... Good to see I'm not the only one with an original Gameboy though. LOT of good (if a bit hard to see) games on that one.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I know where my Game Gear is at my parents house. Cigarette lighter adapter ftw on road trips with that battery hog. lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CyFi6;1680463 said:
Road rash was my favorite :D
That game was hard enough to play on Genesis, I can't imagine playing it on the GG.

awsbakerordie;1680906 said:
i have the battery pack for the game gear. with the battery back, it's almost as big as the original sega! And about an hour or 2 after these pics were posted... I found my sega saturn! I still have my snes and nes as well.

Saturn? There's one you don't hear of too often...

Suggestion: How about we make this the official "old school (or not current gen anyway) video game" thread? Post up pics of neat stuff you have? Anyone else up for it?

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
froubaby;1680537 said:
:agreed:

I also have the old Commodore64 and Atari as well. Last month my brother handed me the battery pack for my original Game Boy - that's all he could find of that system of mine. LOL

I don't have em anymore, but I had a C64, before that I had a Texas Instrument ti 99, and a Commodore Vic20... I think I'll go yell at people on my lawn now.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oh god, here's where I really show my age. Keep in mind I did make a career out of the video game industry......

I currently own.....

1 - Brand new never opened Atari 2600, and one used open one.
1 - Intellivision and every game made for it.
1 - Colicovision lots o games
1- sega of every generation
4 - N64's everygame
1 Wii
1 Super NES, duck hunt. many more
1 vectric - Vector based videogame system (google it) resolution independant system
ps3, xbox, xbox 360

**1 PONG** 1st video game system ever! Garranteed to burn in any screen on any tv and ruin it.

A fullsized stand up arcade model version of Joust, Tron, Disc's of Tron, Starwars, Galaga, Defender and Gauntlet.

Elvira pinball machine.

I was a dev for Nintendo for 6 years......fun fun.

Computers of note, Superpet(with cassette drive), vic20, c64, c128, Amiga ONE (beachball on front edition), video toaster, Amiga 3000T, 4000, 4000T, 1000, 2000, 1200. Timex sinclair, TRS80, Atari 400, 800. God I have spent alot of money shit.

Now a days I refuse to live on the bleeding edge of technology anymore. My laptop is years old, my desktop is as well.

(side note.......nothing to this very day multitasks as well as the amiga did. And it did this with a mere 256k rom. Mismanaged into the ground otherwise i assure you everyone would be running them in some form to this very day. They also did this way back before Windows 2.1)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Flateric;1681281 said:
Oh god, here's where I really show my age. Keep in mind I did make a career out of the video game industry......

I currently own.....

1 - Brand new never opened Atari 2600, and one used open one.
1 - Intellivision and every game made for it.
1 - Colicovision lots o games
1- sega of every generation
4 - N64's everygame
1 Wii
1 Super NES, duck hunt. many more
1 vectric - Vector based videogame system (google it) resolution independant system
ps3, xbox, xbox 360

**1 PONG** 1st video game system ever! Garranteed to burn in any screen on any tv and ruin it.

A fullsized stand up arcade model version of Joust, Tron, Disc's of Tron, Starwars, Galaga, Defender and Gauntlet.

Elvira pinball machine.

I was a dev for Nintendo for 6 years......fun fun.

Computers of note, Superpet(with cassette drive), vic20, c64, c128, Amiga ONE (beachball on front edition), video toaster, Amiga 3000T, 4000, 4000T, 1000, 2000, 1200. Timex sinclair, TRS80, Atari 400, 800. God I have spent alot of money shit.

Now a days I refuse to live on the bleeding edge of technology anymore. My laptop is years old, my desktop is as well.

(side note.......nothing to this very day multitasks as well as the amiga did. And it did this with a mere 256k rom. Mismanaged into the ground otherwise i assure you everyone would be running them in some form to this very day. They also did this way back before Windows 2.1)

I'd bow to you if this was possible on the internet. Would love to see some pics. About all I have that's neat is my old 1st gen Gameboy, an NES and a handful of games, and a few rare PS1 games (and the original 'toaster' style PS1 haha). Also have MGS3: Subsistence LE. Should have bought about 10 copies of that one...

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Murd;1681257 said:
I don't have em anymore, but I had a C64, before that I had a Texas Instrument ti 99, and a Commodore Vic20... I think I'll go yell at people on my lawn now.

There's a smiley for that:

:: IJ. ::