Lokar Oil Dipstick?

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Bought a Lokar oil dipstick and i don't think this thing will fit in the oil hole without grinding some aluminum off the body of the piece that presses into the block, because its to thick and pushing up against the block itself.

Here is the piece i'm talking about. It screws into the bottom portion of the whole Lokar oil dipstick assembly. Its -6an i believe.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here are pictures i took to show why it wont press in all the way. The back side of this piece is hitting the bare block itself and i don't want to force fit it and risk breaking this aluminum piece.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I also did a search to see how people have installed theirs and to see if theirs any pictures avaliable but it seems i can't find anything on here other than this thread.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...e.-Lokar-custom-dipstick.&highlight=lokar+oil

In this thread Wes is installing his in the front of the block close to where the power steering pump goes and it works fine for him cause he's running a front sump oil pan thats going into a cressida i believe. I'm just using the normal rear sump supra oil pan so i have to use the oil dipstick hole provide thats closer to the rear of the motor.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated and if you have install pics that would be even better.

Thanks

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
If it's a solid piece can you grind off some of it so that larger diameter part can fit past the block? Seems odd that it would be made so thick. Unless it serves some purpose. Looks like the threads would still be fine also. Part of it just needs to lose some material for fitment it seems.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
To late brother, i too thought it was a one piece deal too until this happened.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm guessing this was a two piece deal and i grinded down to much. Now i'll have to wait till tomorrow to go get it tig welded back together.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Mine was the same. I ground off some from the lower portion on the block side to get it to fit a little deeper, and just used a small drift to tap it in until it was snug. It never did bottom out, but it's only about 3/8" or so short. At the full mark the oil will only be at most 1/2 liter or so higher than stock, and we have no problem running that little bit more. I was going to send a message to Wes about it but it didn't bother me enough at the time and I had forgotten about it till I saw the thread.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Im going to start looking into this because with my turbo setup the stock dipstick just sucks. Now that i think about it the stock dipstick sucks period.