Locating RS-R Exmag GT-2 exhaust

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
I could really use some help. If anyone out there knows somewhere that is still selling this exhaust pleeeeeese let me know ASAP. I have found a few websites that have it listed but when I called to check all have been out of stock and some have said that it is discontinued. I have also heard that it was possibly discontinued but I am still trying to find if there is someone out there that still has one in stock. I fear that I may be SOL when comes to finding my dream exhaust. If so, if any of you out there who were possibly looking at this exhaust and couldn't find it, I was wondering what some of you went with instead. I am looking to stay in the same price range $500-600, and am not needing or wanting a "quiet" exhaust. I'm looking at possibly the BIC 3.5", but I'm not making big power by any means yet and am not sure if that is too big. Any tips and/or experience would be greatly helpful. I want to make sure I find something before spring gets here so I can get rid of my stock system and give my baby a little welcome back from hibernation present. Thanks again guys.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I bought the chinaman v-band from 935 (Not sure if hes still in business after reading a bunch of disputes) but ebay has the same thing. Heres a pic comparing the RSR(left) And my chinaman (right). Fitment is a pain but i found puting it on the car and loosening the v-bands was the easiest to make it fit.

p1523330_1.jpg

Hope this helps.

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
How does the chinaman sound? Doesn't drone too much, nice deep rumble? You mentioned it was kind of pain to install but does everything fit up nice hanger and clearance wise, as in does it tuck up nice under the body, doesn' t hang too low. For the price though it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. I just really want to get of that "too quiet", restrictive stock system. Thanks for all the help by the way.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Yea sounds really nice, sounds awesome at wot too. I have no complaints.

The fitment is a pain because of the v-band clamps. you just have to hook the pipe angles right. So what i did was took it out of the box, assembled how i thought it would fit. Put it on and when it was hung on the car just twisted up to the best possible setting i could get. And that pic i showed is as close as i could get it to the RSR, a little lower maybe by less than 1/4 inch but have never had a problem going through speedbumps or anything. I'll see if i can find a vid i took awhile ago.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I bought it because of the looks, I like the RSR and this is the closest i got to it. The RSR has a lot deeper tone to it but i think its because of the 4" opening at the end as opposed to the chinamans 3"

I want to buy that apexi muffler and put it on here because i want the longer muffler tip though and to make it a bit deeper in tone.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
apexi sounds similar to the rsr imo. different companys make different mufflers and different resonators making the exhaust sound different.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I was in the same boat. A couple weeks ago I called every vendor online that listed the GTII. Nobody had one in stock. I even contacted vendors that I've purchased RSR products from in the past. For certain, the GTII is no longer available for our vehicles :( There may be some places that have old stock, but I have yet to find any.

I actually snagged the GTII universal muffler off of TurboImport years ago. I still have it factory wrapped in the box. Since I just went with a Trust catback, I might have to post up the RSR muffler in the for sale section one of these days. I was kicking myself for not getting the full catback when I had the chance.

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Hey T-MA71, if you could find that vid you were talking about that would be cool. Just so I can get an idea of what it sounds like. Looks like that's probably what I'll be going with though. So come spring I will finally be rid of my lame stock exhaust.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I was thinking of buying that chinaman exhaust and lopping the muffler off... I really can't stand an exhaust that the muffler comes out as far as the bumper. The tip can, but the body should stay under the car IMO.

I'd like to hear a sound clip, I'm glad some of us have experience with it as it is a consideration of mine.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
hmm, i had another one but right now i have one that shows my rodknock. Don't know if that'd be any help to you.... if you want that vid let me know because you can hear the exhaust... (somewhat) :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, if that's the same chinaman that makes the 1jz y-pipe, I'd stay FAR away... As for the RS*R, good luck finding one. My car came with one on it, it spent some time on a friend's car while mine was down, but I'm keeping it.

Kinda wanting to find a silencer for it though...