Local NJ Custom Drive Shaft Shop - Possible GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
To All:

I've been talking to a local drive shaft shop here in New Jersey. I gave them a R154 D/S and asked them to give me a price on how much it would be to make 1. Then asked if they would be interested in helping the supra community with building multiple drive shafts. They were thrilled by the idea of expanding to the import scene. Their web page is www.axleexchange.com, they have been building custom aluminum drive shafts for the mustang community for years. They have a record the reputation with the east coast stang crews as being the BEST D/S to run. They gave me the figures today, $345 + shipping for aluminum & $285 for steel (+ shipping 20 ish dollars). He stated that 22 lb mustang drive shafts ship anywhere in the lower states for 22 bucks. He guesstimates it being lower then 20 but until it is officially made weighed and packaged this is his estimation. He also said that if we can get 10+ people that he would do FREE SHIPPING!!! on all drive shafts. I have taking some pictures and videos of their work shop if you need to see.

Cliff Notes: AxleExchange.com - Fairfield NJ Custom 1 PC Drive Shafts - Aluminum $365 shipped (345 possible shipped w/10+ppl) Steel (285+shipping or 285 shipped)

For R154 Trans only

You can pay them directly by Calling 973-808-2800 - Ask to speak with mark, if he is not available speak with anyone there. Tell them you are from the "Supra Club" "Supramania.com" "SF" & That Cecilio (me) hooked this all up for you guys. You can call them with any questions you may have. I make no money on this, I wanted a 1 pc and a business local and went for it. I think it went well.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have seen driveshafts from places online and they look short to me. The front part does not fit in the R154 all the way and they said it is supposed to be like that when people I know called and told them about the issue.

I am in NY and don't mind making the trip if we don't get the 10 people but can you post a picture of the front and rear after you have installed yours?

Up to what RPM is this balanced too?

Thanks.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
IBoughtASupra;1691932 said:
I have seen driveshafts from places online and they look short to me. The front part does not fit in the R154 all the way and they said it is supposed to be like that when people I know called and told them about the issue.

I am in NY and don't mind making the trip if we don't get the 10 people but can you post a picture of the front and rear after you have installed yours?

Up to what RPM is this balanced too?

Thanks.

I doubt they are going to get it wrong because i gave them a spare turbo 5sp driveshaft to do all their measurements with. I did not order my driveshaft yet but will after my pay check. If anyone is going to wait to purchase for pics let me know i'll ask them on good faith to build 1 and take pictures of it next to the OEM shaft. Also.

It is balanced to 7,000 RPMS

They have been building driveshafts for mustangs ranging in many power levels. the highest is 1200 hp, 1k, 900 etc etc. Look at their site www.axleexchange.com or give them a call.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I gonna be in the market for one. I saw this site and they have done business with guys on here. they have a review from guys supramania. Not thing to kill your group buy but the sell them for $369 shipped, and have great reviews. they have been tried and tested.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
S.A. supra;1691937 said:
I gonna be in the market for one. I saw this site and they have done business with guys on here. they have a review from guys supramania. Not thing to kill your group buy but the sell them for $369 shipped, and have great reviews. they have been tried and tested.

What site? Shaftmasters? I have nothing against any of the other shops that are currently doing things for our members. I do know shaft masters has a deal going on, but im looking for someone local to bother if something isn't right. Im not into calling someone 100's of times shipping back and forth and what not to find out whats going on. Plus, i can get it cheaper walking into the place vs waiting a few days to get it.

I also toured the place and stood there for a lil while they builta 4" diameter driveshaft for a customer. Pretty cool process.

Just like these people i'm going to test out, everybody has to start some place to become tried and tested.

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
OneJArpus;1691936 said:
It is balanced to 7,000 RPMS

Not enough......
An R154 has a .753 overdrive.
So if you only can pull 7000 in 5th, the driveshaft RPM is almost 9300 rpm.
And I have pulled 8000 in 5th (shaft speed of 10,620 rpm).
7000 driveshaft speed is slow, only 5271 rpm at engine in 5th.

Better make sure they know that.

I'll stick with my Driveshaft Shop one piece, it has served me well.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
CT26smoker;1693348 said:
Not enough......
An R154 has a .753 overdrive.
So if you only can pull 7000 in 5th, the driveshaft RPM is almost 9300 rpm.
And I have pulled 8000 in 5th (shaft speed of 10,620 rpm).
7000 driveshaft speed is slow, only 5271 rpm at engine in 5th.

Better make sure they know that.

I'll stick with my Driveshaft Shop one piece, it has served me well.

ok, i'll def speak to them about it. I don't see how hard it would be for me to address the issue and them fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.