little update of the year so far with my supra

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
so been happy with where my car is at for a while with the na-t 2jz. then this past january car got a little loose in a down poor and i hit a sign :wtc:. did some pretty heavy damage but was able to fix it all myself and its back on the road!!!

ended up bending the subframe, lower control arm, upper control arm, ball joints, egged out where the ball joint go into knuckle, coilover bushing, and for body it needed a fender, upper valance thing with supra emblem, bumper cover, headlight bezel, trim, turn signal, mud flap, and there was a dent on the rocker panel!!!! :aigo:

first i fixed all the suspension parts comparing side to side to determine what was bent (used to work at a body shop). after the suspension was all good i moved onto the bodywork.

had trouble finding a 89+ front bumper that was worth using so i had some fun with the one off my parts car!

then i got all the dents fixed on the fender. shaved the headlight washer holes. and fixed the dent on the rocker. then put epoxy primer down to seal it then paint then clear

and here it is all done

also got a pair of 275/45/16 toyo tq to try at the dragstrip this year.

ive ran them at two events so far. the first event was too damp out from drizzle so didn't get a good run in at all. the second was nice out but still didn't quite get the perfect run. my fastest run ended up not having a good 60ft. i cut a 1.6 60ft but missed 2nd and costed me the run.....heres a video of my best run. ran a 12.3 at 118 and my buddy in the evo ran a 12.4 at 108. you can hear i sorta bog the launch. with a good launch should do 11's easy and trap over 120!!! :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfsM4CYVInI

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
super51fan;2004470 said:
What was your 60' time in the video?

sadly i don't know what it was but id say 2 seconds or low 2 seconds. the way they do the street legals here is you don't have to pay to run but you have to pay 5 bucks for printout of your slip. so i had my friends seeing what i ran and told me when i came back. i didn't buy that run cause i didn't think it was that great cause the start but ended up being the best one lol. you can see the little cube where 60ft is and its roughly 2 seconds in the video. i could feel it wasn't that great when driving. the run i cut the 1.6 60ft i rev'd it slipped the clutch a little and got into full boost very quickly and i definitely could feel the difference. the next event is the 17th and i hoping to bring home a 11 second time slip :biglaugh: