light problems

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok so on my 90 turbo, all my lights minus my head lights stay on all the time, and my reverse lights dont work. I know the canadian models were suppose to have day time running lights, from what I read. That was about all I found on my lighting issue, if someone could shed any light on this problem I would appreciate it alot thanks.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Your statement/information is a little vague and have you done any trouble shooting @ all. List all the things you had done. Lights are on all the time even if the key/switch is @ off position?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
ok my bad when the car is on all my lights including dash lights are one, when the car is off they stay off. As for trouble shooting i really don't know where to start, I know everything is getting power. I did tie some led lights into the courtesy lights on the doors but thats it, and I dont see why that would make the out side lights stay on.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
well I did hooked those wires up long before the car even ran, so I couldn't honestly tell you. I honestly dont see why those would keep the outside lights on all the time though, right?

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
lol....ok let me rephrase your scenario.... The car is on, lights are on (dash, head lights, dome lights...etc), and even when the light switch is @ off position...correct? What location did you butted (connected) those led lights? Did it come with a relay box? If it did ...you might have butted (mix up) a continous 12v from the relay switch....just my guess.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
T701jz;1842359 said:
lol....ok let me rephrase your scenario.... The car is on, lights are on (dash, head lights, dome lights...etc), and even when the light switch is @ off position...correct? What location did you butted (connected) those led lights? Did it come with a relay box? If it did ...you might have butted (mix up) a continous 12v from the relay switch....just my guess.

Ha ok on the inside only the cluster and my greddy gauges stay lite, on the outside everything minus the headlights stay on, make sense haha. As for the led lights I have them tied in to the wires for the door courtesy lights right when they come out of the door, hopefully this clears this up a little haha.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Hahaha ok...for some reason you're getting power continuously to your parking light switch witch also include the cluster. I'm assuming your light switch is bad if noting was done out of ordinary in the wiring system. Reading back from your first post the euro models comes with day light option which makes me think this is normal. As far as your reverse lights have you check if the bulbs are blown? If not refer to your manual book where the reverse light switch is located.