Light One up and Come Sit a spell With me( RIP Jack Herer Edition)

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Merry 420mas

A lot of positive action happened in the last year with with cannabis legislation. We have also lost a great advocate within the last couple day, Hemperor Jack Herer. Light one up and may you protest peacefully

Check out the Supra Stoners group latest news on the ongoing battle for legalization and the war on drugs

*edit*

How Weed Won The West

Last edited:

Fuzz420

The D.C. Council will vote today on a much-awaited proposal to allow chronically ill patients to receive a doctor's prescription to use marijuana and buy it from a city-sanctioned distribution center.

Under the bill, which has already cleared two committees, a patient who suffers from HIV, glaucoma, cancer or a "chronic and lasting disease" may receive a doctor's recommendation to possess up to 2 ounces of marijuana in a 30-day period.

The patient would not be allowed to grow their own marijuana, but between five and eight pot distribution centers would be established in the city.

Those distribution centers would receive marijuana from privately run cultivation centers, where up to 95 marijuana plants could be grown at a given time. The distribution and cultivation centers, which could not be located within 300 feet of a school or preschool, would be operated by private or nonprofit organizations and businesses that would be licensed by the city.

The bill is expected to easily pass the council today, perhaps by a unanimous vote. The council will then have to vote on it a second time next month. But it will likely be at least several months before the city's medical marijuana program gets off the ground.

Under the legislation, the mayor's office and the Department of Health will have to draft regulations on where the distribution centers can be located and under what terms. It remains unclear what criteria the mayor would use when selecting what companies or nonprofits will win the right to enter the city's potentially lucrative marijuana market. But city officials say they have learned lessons from other states with less controlled medical marijuana programs.

Council Chairman Vincent C. Gray (D), a Democratic candidate for mayor, said Monday he hopes the city moves swiftly to implement the medical marijuana law. He noted District voters overwhelmingly approved a referendum in 1998 to legalize medical marijuana, but Congress blocked the city from moving forward on the issue until this year.

"This is not a new issue," Gray said. "It's been around 10 years. We had an overwhelmingly large number of people support this. ... I would hope we could move this quickly and implement something a majority of people said they supported."

-- Tim Craig

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc/2010/04/medical_marijuana_bill_up_for.html

Fuzz420

When it's finally written -- if it's finally written -- the history of the American drug war will begin and end in the same town: San Francisco. The city passed the first anti-narcotics law in 1878, specifically targeting not opium, but opium dens, and aimed at their Chinese proprietors.

Other towns, counties and states liked San Francisco's new law, and found others to pile on top -- it was a way to satisfy voters' anti-immigrant moods, hostility to people of a different race and that fundamental American desire to control the behavior of our compatriots. That impulse has been strong since the first colonists settled here -- as has been a rival desire -- that for liberty and rugged, individual expression. The two strains have been at war with each other since before the founding of the nation and we have seen the tension expressed most violently in the war against drugs -- or, more accurately, the war against drug users.

A little less than a year ago, I wrote about the battle between these foundational American influences in the book This Is Your Country On Drugs: The Secret History of Getting High in America. Judging by America's relationship with drugs and drug policy over the years, I wrote that if we as a people ever did legalize drugs, the laws would be undone the same way they were done, city by city, state by state.

The pace has quickened since Obama took office.

The arc of American drug policy began to bend in the 1970s, with 13 states decriminalizing marijuana, but even as that arc bent back up again in the 1980s, San Franciscans were at work reversing the history they had sparked. In 1991, city voters passed Proposition P, which ushered in the medical marijuana movement. Five years later, the state passed its now-famous medical marijuana law.

Thirteen more states have followed and even the nation's capital is writing final rules to allow legal marijuana dispensaries that members of Congress will walk past on their way to work. Maryland, New York, Illinois and a host of other states are considering similar legislation, and the momentum is thanks to Obama's announcement that he would not raid shops or patients operating within state laws.

The next stage is in process, too: California voters, in 2010, will be asked to legalize marijuana for all adults, not just the ill. The potential for tax revenue and job creation have become central to the debate, just as they were when Americans repealed alcohol prohibition. Meanwhile, activists in Oregon and Washington state are gathering signatures for similar ballot initiatives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/happy-420-the-state-of-dr_n_544159.html

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Pretty sure there trialling the mary-j for chronic sufferers already here in Australia, watched a doco on it a little while ago where the patient has a couple of small plants that produce just enough to get them by.
The whole process is carefully monitored e.t.c, seems to be working well.
Some good info found here for the disabled community who would benefit greatly if used in moderation.
http://www.disabled-world.com/medical/pharmaceutical/marijuana/

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Happy 420, even though I don't smoke anymore...I wish it was legalized. Damn righteous fucks in the government.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I don't smoke anything but tires (not even cigarettes), nor have I ever, but I figure I'll just leave this here...

1252584267_TrUhF-L.jpg