Lexus afm problem

86.5supraturbo

BOOST FREAK
Nov 27, 2008
Dixon, Illinois, United States
I just did a rebuild on my 7m and once it was done I fired it up and it is not running the way it should, I checked the codes and the code that came up was the lexus afm area, I bought a new one and put it on and it won't start, so I put the old one back on an it started but still runs like crap, so I took the new electric box off the new afm and put it on the old afm, and it still runs like crap... Anyone know what the problem could be? Maybe someone had this problem before? Lmk please thank you.

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
So is this code u speak of a AFM code? What code exactly? If i read it right, u said "in the lexus afm area". Be a little more specific. I might be able to help if it indeed is a code for the AFM. I think they were 31 and 24. If they check out to be those then Its the AFM Electronic piece itself thats faulty. Signs and symptoms of it would be hesitation when giving throttle, low/bouncing idle, bogging/sputtering after letting off throttle,etc.....

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I dont mean to be thread stealing but I have been wanting to do this mod for a while and something always puzzled me..... Does the Lexus afm fit in the stock accordian hose?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Sside;1906893 said:
I dont mean to be thread stealing but I have been wanting to do this mod for a while and something always puzzled me..... Does the Lexus afm fit in the stock accordian hose?

It's a stretch and if your accordian hose is old, it's very difficult and prone to cracking/breaking. A lot of people recommend picking up a new one from Toyota and just calling it a day to make it easier to fit and then you don't have to worry about the hose breaking.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Nougie;1906812 said:
If i read it right, u said "in the lexus afm area". Be a little more specific. I might be able to help if it indeed is a code for the AFM. I think they were 31 and 24.

This. And if you have both 31 and 24, that is a really big clue as to the problem.

86.5supraturbo

BOOST FREAK
Nov 27, 2008
Dixon, Illinois, United States
I ended up putting the new one on with new electronics and pulled the EFI fuse for a few minutes and it runs perfect. I was cruising around for about an hour and when I got home I put it in the garage and turned it off and went to see if it would start back up and I have no power inside the car, only my fan and headlights work, no parking lights no dash lights and when I put the key in the ignition it don't beep and it won't even turn over.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Then that could be your problem.

There is a big wire that goes to the starter and a smaller wire that powers everything else.