lex afm / 550 questions

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
So I just bought my lex afm and my 550cc injectors. What else is needed to make this mod work seamlessly? I've been rebuliding for a while and I dont want any driveability issues when I finish it finally. Another thing is, I've replaced the stock ct26 with a 60-1 ct26 upgrade, full 3in exhaust, bc stage 2 cams, and a new fmic. Some other things along the way, but my question is, what kind of boost can I run with that setup? (Wideband 02 installed as well) what might I make for hp? Torque?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Put them in at the same time. Done. It should give you zero issues, though you may want to make use of the adjustment screw in the AFM. Turn it all the way in to start is the most probable correct position.

You can probably run as much boost as you want. But I'd look into upgrading the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Something to actually TUNE your AFR would probably be a good idea as well, but you can see what you can do.

Turn up the boost slowly, look at your wideband logs. If AFRs are safe, turn it up some more. If you AFRs are getting dodgy, look at what you need to upgrade next.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I put a walboro 255 fuel pump in it when I got it cuz the original was bad. The only thingiI dondon't have is the fpr as of right now, but the cars still in pieces so I have time to get one.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Supraguy7M;1918648 said:
I didn't think it would mess any of that up. How would it affect my ecu? All they do is open the valves longer and further for better flow thru the head.

Letting in more air/fuel but not changing the timing to account for the change.

I could be wrong though of course.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
IndigoMKII;1918651 said:
Letting in more air/fuel but not changing the timing to account for the change.

I could be wrong though of course.

I have adj. Cam gears to assist valve overlap on the new cams. As long as my cps is ok, and I have my engine timed correctly I believe they should b fine. If I'm wrong please let me know

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
I agree with that one. I've seen stock internal (including HG) handle 270HP for years.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7100 avec Tapatalk