Lets talk basic brakes

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I know its pretty basic but im having brake issues and need help. I am gettin more power to the front driver side caliper and the car is pulling to that side a little. The other caliper is working just not as hard. When I go to bleed them the driver caliper also has alot more pressure out the bleeder. There is no air in the other side but for some reason the pressure is less. What causes this?? This is a non ABS system

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
so far youve got the basic brake principle down. if the car is pulling to the one side, look at the opposite side first. check for a plug in the line to the weak side.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
could be a brake hose, or maybe a bad caliper. its prolly on its way out locked up but not quite there yet. take the caliper off and try to push in the piston. it shouldnt require extreme force.

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
calipers have been greased, pedal feel is decent, the pressure from the bleeder on the bad side is less. Isent there some kinda of proportioning valve that can go bad??

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
well my left caliper just went out it would stick, and start pulling to the left i flushed the lines and the caliper and it worked for a while but the ruber seals in the caliper just went bad and it failed.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
mkIIIman089 said:
It's pretty rare that you hear of them going bad, but there is one, and the proportioning valve on the supra only seems to regulate front to back bias, not left to right. There is just a little distribution block for that.

http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291410/catalog.aspx?Figure=4708&Page=1

Just look at the diagram and go through anything that could be clogged or malfunctioning.

I thought all brake systems had to be a diagonal setup.(ex: the front right and rear left are controlled proportionaly together). I thought they did this because if one system fails the other can still stop the car without making it too extremly hard