Lean going into boost

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
I have a 7M- GET all turbo electronics. I'm running stock wastegate pressure which with my intake and 3" turbo back exhaust its boosting up to 10 psi. Now my problem is when I'm going into boost its not richening like it should be it sits at about 14 for a second and then it'll get rich and it will pull hard. I checked my codes and had a code 51 so I tested my TPS, tested bad so I put a new one on and adjusted it per TSRM. That made it run a little better but it still randomly runs like shit going into boost. I don't know what else could be wrong other than maybe the FPR. Also I keep hitting fuel cut like at the top of first second and third it'll get to 11 psi and hit fuel cut. How could this be happening seeing as that I'm running stock wastegate pressure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
The fuel cut will make it look lean cause it pulls the injector pulse over X duty cycle.

The fuel cut is easy, you have boost leaks somewhere causing the computer to think your pulling in 15psi worth of air but by the time it leaks out you only have 10 at the manifold. Check your couplers/loose clamps, vacuum lines and intake gaskets. Easies is to pressurize the system but not everyone has the tools for that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
How lean can it possibly be at three psi? What are you wanting the afr's to be at 3psi? I admit it shouldn't be 17-1, but I don't think 13-1 is going to hurt you at three pounds. You can't be making that much power with three psi.