lean cold start

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
hi guys, well i just installed my MAFT on my fresh built motor and it was running great until about the 3rd day of running it. regular AFR's is at 14.4-14.7.

now on cold starts its starts at 20.9 and just dies it takes me 2-3 starts and then once it starts it slowly lowers down to 15.6ish after a few minutes.

FP is at 29 with vac, main scale i got to -15% but once its all warmed up it get back down to 14.7ish.

i was told it was my cold start injector, but not 100% sure where to start.

i also searched and nothing showd up for what im looking for.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
Are you running speed density or do you have your afm still. Reason I asked is because mine did the same on cold start up and finally it got so bad it threw a code. I had a Lexus afm that came with aluminum housing and I stuck that one on my car and it started fine and ran fine. I believe I can tell a difference in power too. No more problems after I installed it. I would also recommend to check the engine codes to see if there is anything stored.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
im not running a AFM, a map also it's not throwing anycodes.

ill try raising the FP up and see how that goes with my code starts.

thanks guys

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
gaboonviper85;1532402 said:
Fuel pressure is way to low! Should be running 35-40 psi with vac at idle.

The tsrm shows 23-30 psi with the regulator under vac and 33-40 psi with no vac. I would say he has a afpr and I would think that 29 psi would be fine at idle. I pretty sure it is not your cold start because I was messing with my resistor pack for my injectors and forget to plug it back up and the car would start but die after a few seconds. Maybe you might wont to check the resistor pack for your injectors.