Leaky Fuel Rail

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Hey I got an 87 turbo. Just did a full rebuild and some extra stuff. I installed 550cc injectors on my fuel rail and it ran fine....for awhile. Now about a week later my number 4 injector now gushes fuel from the rail. I pulled the injector and changed the O ring. I noticed that the injector turns in the rail much easier than the rest. Same problem. I'm using the correct O rings that came with my rebuild kit. Any ideas?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
get new set of o ring's and gromets from toyota some injecots will do that and not leak thou

all way's buy toyota gaskets this way you never have an issue

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yeah that's what I bought. spent like 24 bucks on them. I never had this problem with any engine I've put together. I was thinking that the rail may mave warped or something and the injector won't stay seated, but that isn't the case I don't think.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
did you soak them in gas frist or buy that stuff for get ti's name some one will chime in wiht the name

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Check to see if the rail is seated properly. Clean the spacers, head and fuel rail. Make sure all 3 bolts are seated all the way in. It's unlikely that the rail is warped, so I'd check seating first.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yeah I'll pull the whole rail off tonight and see what's up again. I have two more O rings. I'll cross my fingers and hold my breath and throw blessed water at it while holding my rabbits foot. Maybe that will help to.:icon_surp

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Fuel leak repaired. After making another trip to toyota I got the right o ring from them. I took the injector and the rail with me and tried right there before I paid the 2.83 for it. Anyways it's fixed and glad to be back at drivable condition at a comfortable 15psi. Thanks alot.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Alright seriously this getting old. Now my fuel supply banjo bolt is leaking. I took it off cleaned and inspected the washers and bolt. Everything looks good. I tightened it to the max. It still won't stop. If it isn't one thing it's definately more things.:cry:

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
My banjo bolt damper did the same thing. It was leaking from the crimp around the bottom. Just picked one up at the junkyard and problem fixed.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Cool I'll give that a try. Just kinda weird that it just now started and not when it was first put back together. Anyway I'll get one. I got new washers and bolt for it to put on and try it. Thanks