Leaking injectors, need help! Engine death? Towed car...

Supra_32

Dec 8, 2014
Hell of a night tonight. Just had 550's installed and Lexus from a local garage. Went for a boost and it doesn't like anything over 10psi. Engine light comes on... I did the upgrade because my f con did nothing for upping boost. Anyways, on my way home I had smoke everywhere after a few pulls coming from trans and dash, made it home thought rad blew but the injectors are leaking!!!! Is my engine done now??? About ready to give up on this car.

Shop had to "make injectors fit" as they were too short? They were regular RC 550cc out of a supra in fact. So not sure what happened there?

Anyways I have all supporting mods, .57 trim, intercooler, intake, exhaust, profec b 1 etc.

However that's not the issue... about more boost, question is did I mess up my car with all those pulls and boost with leaking injectors? Hydro locking?

Please help! Car getting towed right now!! Back to shop...

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Supra_32;2050434 said:
Hell of a night tonight. Just had 550's installed and Lexus from a local garage. Went for a boost and it doesn't like anything over 10psi. Engine light comes on... I did the upgrade because my f con did nothing for upping boost. Anyways, on my way home I had smoke everywhere after a few pulls coming from trans and dash, made it home thought rad blew but the injectors are leaking!!!! Is my engine done now??? About ready to give up on this car..

what were your A/Fs and if you don't know then why did you install a lex maf and 550s?
if your injectors were leaking a cylinder could have run lean
try a compression test and check your spark plugs.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Supra_32;2050434 said:
Shop had to "make injectors fit" as they were too short? They were regular RC 550cc out of a supra in fact. So not sure what happened there?

If the shop push the injectors to much inside the rail, they are leaking. There is no mechanicol stop in the rail for the injector, the o-ring shall be on the cylindrical part of the rail.