Leaking fuel pressure regulator?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
The other day, I noticed that the vac line going to my stock FPR was looking a bit dry, so I pulled it off of the FPR, and the hose is super hard, and not soft like it should be, and I replaced it not long ago...it also smells like fuel.

So I started the car with the vac line off, and revved it a few times, and saw fuel shooting out of the vac nipple :aigo:...It wasn't an alarming amount, but still enough to cause concern...I'm guessing this means the diaphragm inside is leaking? What effect would this have on the engine? I know my 7M doesn't like to idle after a hot start lately...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Agreed...don't drive it with a leaking FPR. Not only could you go lean, but if it leaks into the bay you can have a fire on your hands. I have a stock FPR...if you need it, PM me.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Wouldn't it be running rich because its pouring fuel into the vac line? and also because its most likely not lowering the pressure from base at idle and sub boost conditions?

on boost i guess would be a guessing game but just driving around town i would think it would be rich.