LC-1 wideband install ?

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
Im running a DynoTune A/F monitor with my lc-1 which means that i will be utilizing both analog outputs for signal to EMU and signal to monitor. Is there any harm in me "t-ing" off the narrowband simulation wire and running that to the stock ecu o2 wire? Or should i reinstall the stock narrowband for signal to stock ecu?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Simple answer: yes you can tee off of it.

More complicated answer: depending on the input impedances of the two connections, you may have some signal skew, which you would need a bias resistor to compensate for.

off-topic answer: I'm a little drunk right now, and your car is awesome.

From a practical standpoint, I have tee'd off he LC-1 signal running to the stock ECU and my megasquirt unit back in the day. I had no issues.

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
I may just run my stock o2 sensor to the ecu, run the brown lc-1 wire(Analog 2, wideband at 0V=7.35 AFR and 5V=22.39) to my EMU and leave the yellow wire( Analog 2, 1.1V=14AFR and .1V=15AFR)

I still may tee off the brown wire to give me a more precise reading on my dynotune monitor. From what i gather, the yellow wire is for AFR gauges that just have lean, stoich, rich rather than exact AFR numbers. As long as teeing off isn't going to throw shit into the fan, then its all good.