Launching with 5spds, post how you do it!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Jostar;1241475 said:
No one preloads the drivetrain here??? I am used to twin disks on AWD DSM & I 2-step & pull on the hand break & release the clutch enough to preload the whole drivetrain, Preloading the drivetrain helped me save sooo many rear axles & wheelhop was none existence with that method...

So you let the ebrake hold your car in place while keeping your rpms high, so you release the ebrake and the clutch at the same time? Just trying to figure this out. How do you do it on your 1J

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
frontierguy25;1241482 said:
So you let the ebrake hold your car in place while keeping your rpms high, so you release the ebrake and the clutch at the same time? Just trying to figure this out. How do you do it on your 1J

YEs... I did it a few times on my 1jz, What i do i learn from years of drag racing DSM... When you dump you break, So i met a few people with high HP dsm & they told me what to do & practices, Basically what i do is go up to the line (After a good burnout) 2-step (depending on size turbo) Pull hand break & release the clutch a tiny bit, You will feel the clutch sorta grab, That's were you hold it till the green, Don't stay on it for too long either, Practice is the best thing you can do.... Slicks help so much with wheelhop... I love the wrinklie action & the squat of the car, I swear i dream of my MKIII squating real hard at the line... I never seen a MKIII squat.. Does any one have pics of MKIIIs squating?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Jostar;1241754 said:
YEs... I did it a few times on my 1jz, What i do i learn from years of drag racing DSM... When you dump you break, So i met a few people with high HP dsm & they told me what to do & practices, Basically what i do is go up to the line (After a good burnout) 2-step (depending on size turbo) Pull hand break & release the clutch a tiny bit, You will feel the clutch sorta grab, That's were you hold it till the green, Don't stay on it for too long either, Practice is the best thing you can do.... Slicks help so much with wheelhop... I love the wrinklie action & the squat of the car, I swear i dream of my MKIII squating real hard at the line... I never seen a MKIII squat.. Does any one have pics of MKIIIs squating?

I think that I do some where, But I'll get some for you tomorrow!!

I thought that's what you were talking about, I went out and tried it and it seems like the best is to get the first light to light up and then do this because everytime it would make my car go forward just a little bit. I'm in the low 400's with my MT Street Radials, so It'll squat a little, I was having problems rubbing on stock springs with brand new Bilsteins. I'll get some pics for ya.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Jostar;1241754 said:
Does any one have pics of MKIIIs squating?

Heres my old car popping a squat...

brianscar.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This is the method I've been practicing. Well, I haven't had a chance to practice it in over a month, but when I go next weekend, this is what I'll be doing.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I've tried a few launches on some back roads on street tires. It's just like trying to get a manual car to do what an auto does: maximum engine load while maintaining 4000-5000 rpm off the line. This takes skilled slipping of the clutch, up until the car is moving fast enough to let the clutch out fully. Not very easy, but possible!

gwilmarlio

Mar 21, 2008
Perth
thanks for the tips guys I am hopeing to get a better 60 foot than my current 2.2 still ran a 12.95 at 112mph on shitty 225's on stock 16" rims

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
gwilmarlio;1271105 said:
thanks for the tips guys I am hopeing to get a better 60 foot than my current 2.2 still ran a 12.95 at 112mph on shitty 225's on stock 16" rims

What are your mods? With a 2.0 you should run a 12.62 @113. That is what I ran, but I did have to shut it down before the end of the track though.:3d_frown: