Last day to watch FRESH for free

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Quick plot summary? If it's up my alley I'll check it out when I get home. :)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Thanks for the link! I think a couple of these people were also in Food Inc. but it's been a while since I watched it. Scary stuff, hard to fathom how we ever allowed it to get to this point, and allow it to continue this way.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I first saw Food, Inc, especially since it's the same producers as An Inconvenient Truth. More facts and less shrill BS than I was expecting. And still, FRESH, I think is an even better documentary.

I adore Joel Salatin for the most part. I plan on emulating his farming practices when I get my own farm.

I regularly get people thinking I'm completely batty for wanting to farm, and for keeping chickens and rabbits. But my chickens' eggs do NOT compare with those sold at a store. Even the organic/cage free eggs at the store aren't nearly as good as what my girls give me.

The veggies I get from my garden are so much better (in taste and nutrition) than what I could get in a store, too. And there's something wonderful about being able to eat something that you grew from seed, planted, labored over in the hot sun, and watched grow (or watched get stolen by your dog, in the case of my cantaloupes. grumble). Pride isn't always a bad thing.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
It's definitely worth the watch. And I'll back up what Theresa says -- I'd rather eat the food and eggs that come from our backyard over any of that supermarket crap anyday. If you've never seen the difference in person, you have no idea how dramatic that difference really is...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DreamerTheresa;1800331 said:
The veggies I get from my garden are so much better (in taste and nutrition) than what I could get in a store, too. And there's something wonderful about being able to eat something that you grew from seed, planted, labored over in the hot sun, and watched grow (or watched get stolen by your dog, in the case of my cantaloupes. grumble). Pride isn't always a bad thing.
Your dogs eat fruit too? I thought my parent's boxer was an oddball in that respect. Fat (well, formerly, he's lost weight) dog, but eats fruit quite a bit. Thing just LOVES bananas, watermelon, etc... I agree though, sweat and labor of your own often make for the best spice (next to hunger of course). :)

Supracentral;1800335 said:
It's definitely worth the watch. And I'll back up what Theresa says -- I'd rather eat the food and eggs that come from our backyard over any of that supermarket crap anyday. If you've never seen the difference in person, you have no idea how dramatic that difference really is...
Unfortunately, try growing something in an EXTREMELY arid climate like western Wyoming, and you're up for a challenge. We have a 3 month growing season IF we're lucky that year. Essentially I'm in a 6500' desert, where about the only natural plants are sagebrush and weeds for MILES.

Not even joking, the only trees for 20 miles in any direction out of town are all planted by people. :nono:

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
te72;1800576 said:
Your dogs eat fruit too? I thought my parent's boxer was an oddball in that respect. Fat (well, formerly, he's lost weight) dog, but eats fruit quite a bit. Thing just LOVES bananas, watermelon, etc... I agree though, sweat and labor of your own often make for the best spice (next to hunger of course). :)

She'll ignore my cantaloupes until they're perfectly ripe. And then she steals them and eats them, rind and all. Makes for gastrointestinal horror for the next two days.

Unfortunately, try growing something in an EXTREMELY arid climate like western Wyoming, and you're up for a challenge. We have a 3 month growing season IF we're lucky that year. Essentially I'm in a 6500' desert, where about the only natural plants are sagebrush and weeds for MILES.

Not even joking, the only trees for 20 miles in any direction out of town are all planted by people. :nono:

Which is why when we move out there (mostly likely to Montana, specifically because they have more of a growing season), I plan on having one hell of a greenhouse.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DreamerTheresa;1800580 said:
She'll ignore my cantaloupes until they're perfectly ripe. And then she steals them and eats them, rind and all. Makes for gastrointestinal horror for the next two days.

Which is why when we move out there (mostly likely to Montana, specifically because they have more of a growing season), I plan on having one hell of a greenhouse.
Smart dog haha, it's got a nose for good fruit. :p

I was just speaking of my little corner of the state, the rest of the place is beautiful, except along most of I80, that seems to be the source of ugly around Wyoming. North-west side is beautiful, but cold. North-east side is decent for growing, and less mountainous. South-east side of the state, it's a bit high elevation in most places, but growing potential is still better than where I live. Montana though... haven't been there I don't think, can't really say about climate there.