84.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You will rebuilt it, Lam.
Home Depot is right around the corner.

Show them your pics and maybe they will hook you up with free stuff - remember that sponsor stuff that people were talking about in the other thread?

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
Well

im thinking since i gotta buy new bumper

BOMEX is hot with all the shit i got going in the rear

i just dont want to wait forever for the god damn bumper

anyone know how much for bomex rear bumper?? where can i get one?? how long the wait???

thanks

lamarossa

i love home depot to death but moving on to betta things

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
That really sucks, but it doesn't look too bad. The Bomex back isn't the whole bumper, it's just the little side things.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
LamaRossa said:
Well

im thinking since i gotta buy new bumper

BOMEX is hot with all the shit i got going in the rear

i just dont want to wait forever for the god damn bumper

anyone know how much for bomex rear bumper?? where can i get one?? how long the wait???

thanks

lamarossa

i love home depot to death but moving on to betta things

Lowe's??? Sorry, couldn't resist...:)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I'm pretty sure the Bomex rear "bumper" is just sides that go on the original bumper. Some people mold them in. I don't think Bomex has a full bumper, I could be wrong though.

NJSUPRA

Banned
Apr 1, 2005
NJ
Jeff Lange said:
I'm pretty sure the Bomex rear "bumper" is just sides that go on the original bumper. Some people mold them in. I don't think Bomex has a full bumper, I could be wrong though.

Correct. The bomex rears are just skirts that go on the stock rear bumper.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Your uncle of all people? Damn man, I'd beat his ass after I put so much work into a car like you have. Best of luck to ya.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
PynkEye said:
Why the fuck do you have a Ferrari sign on your car ???

Because he cant afford a ferrari... and he thinks the Supra looks like one. Dont worry,... your not the only one to hate his car.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
lagged said:
maybe your uncle was trying to do you a favor..

jk :icon_bigg

:evil: lmao

At least your unique im sure ;) each their own taste dude...but loose the sign :aigo:

M

MisterTurbineTwister

I know how it is having a relative fuck your ride up. I'm sorry to hear that man.

My mom got my first car to spin 180 degrees in a busy intersection after being hit by one of those 2 ton Isuzu flat bed diesels.

That car was and still is my life. I was devastated with having to replace the front end sheet metal on my car. You got lucky. A bumper cover replacement and some plastic epoxy is a walk in the park compared to what my mom fucked over on my '68 Dodge Charger when it was K.O.'d by that truck. It took me 2 YEARS to track down the parts to fix everything, but I didn't give up and it payed off.

I know the feeling of seeing the damage for the first time. It sucks the life out of you. Don't let the bastards grind you down!

My '68 Charger is in my garage as happy as can be now and my mom doesn't touch my keys. So what if other people don't like your car. It's perpose in life is to make you happy, no matter what the fuck the drivetrain or body looks like or comes from. They are all just fucking cars in the end and it doesn't matter where it all comes from as long as you like it and are happy with it. It may not suit other peoples wants or needs or liking, but that's why it's YOUR car and not theirs.

I have my opinions about your car and others and I have my ideas of what looks good and what doesn't, but that's what I think and I can do the things I like to my cars and you do what YOU like to your car.

Just go fish a used rebar for behind the car and use a hair dryer to releive the damage from the bumper cover. Get yourself some flexible glazing putty and a sanding block with some 180 grit paper and fix it. I like the Bomex idea over what you have now. Just keep up on it or if you just don't think it's worth the trouble, sell it and start with something else that you like.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure that you weigh it's value in time and effort spent against the value of how much you will like the final product. If you decide to fix it or sell it for something else.

Good luck man!
If you ever need any help with bodywork, paint or fabrication, just get a hold of me. I can give you some pointers with your body work, paint, upholstery and any custom work.

Status
Not open for further replies.