koyo radiator port for 1jz sensor, size?

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Hey folks, I have a 7m but noticed that the koyo racing radiator has a port for a temp. sensor for the 1j engine. Can anyone tell me the thread size? I was wondering if I could use this rad. and an adaptor to install the sensor for an aftermarket temp gauge. Also does it come with a plug in case you're not using the sender?

Finally this weekend in 93 deg. the 10 y/o CSF stock replacement just wasn't enough cooling at the track (still has condensor in front). Still was able to stay out for 25 min. sessions but had to dial it back to keep get the stock gauge back to normal range. This was my first hot weather track event, I'm impressed it held this long but I don't have high power.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
OK, for those that aren't using the sensor but have a Koyo rad. what did you use for a plug? I'm not finding anything to use for it online.

Thanks

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Thanks for the thread info. Where did yall find a plug for this? It's normally hard to find an assortment of metric stuff at least in the States.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I carried my radiator into pepboys to make sure I got it right the first time lmao. They have a combination there that will work. You end up having to buy 2 pieces, a Male-female to go into the radiator and then a male plug to go into the new female threads.