Knocking noise investigation/engine rebuild

well see if i let the car idle and run the check engine light does not come on...but when it gets above 2500ish rpm it comes on....and that splater exhaust noise starts around then also...i think there is a connection;] lol...I don't think a gm would work...but maybe...i don't think the connector would fit...THOUGH...Since toyota and Gm are kinda Affiliates nowadays...it COULD be possible...like Mitsubishi and Chrystler....etc.....The connectors could possibly fit...but i doubt it...lol

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
hey man...., what's up with the drunk 11 year old alabama girl stealing her parents car and running from the police????? LOL

Redneck chick at birth it sounds like. Unless you know her, lol.

OK ok ok.....i admit......it was my sister/wife....hahaha kidding!!...dude people have the worst image of us.......Don't get me wrong....we have stupid redneck trailer trash hoe bags...but Who Doesn't?....everyone has the wrong image of Alabama because all the info they hear about Alabama is shit like that....lol....stuff like that happens rarely in bigger cities...mostly out in the middle of Bum F*ck No where...lol....anyways...

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
I'm just mess'n with ya bro.

I saw that and had to give my favorite alabamian a hard road. lol
That was funny. I saw it and thought of you.

You're like ya man, I had to bail my girl ...., I mean my sister out.

Oh it's too easy. I'm in a good mood. I finally got my supra running.
I just need to tweak it a bit.

It sounds sweet, It didn't cough or sputter it turned over 1st try today.
Then we played with the timing and got it to idle.

I have to play with it a bit. It appears to be stalling out.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
I pulled the codes from mine this afternoon.
It threw up a 24 and a 31. So I have some afm trouble.

Both codes are air intake related.

Pull your codes. I can tell you how or I think I saw where there was a post in here called problems starting or something like that. It had a cyngus link.

well lady's and gentlemen....i was driving tonight and somthing happened...i stopped and white smoke started pouring out from the driver side car....white smoke...i was SHIIIITTTTTT....DAMN YOU GREDDY metal HEAD GASKET!!!...but i was like...impossible.......when i was driving i heard a kinda rattling noise....whenever i gave it gas.....but when cruzin or in neutral it didn't make the noise....so i was like...Transmission....check the fluid, good, oil, 1/4 a quart low...no sign of a blown head gasket......When i started to turn the corner, it just died...stopped...notta....nothing....dead.....well i noticed my radiators leak had like gotten bigger and had slung water all of the place and it was kind of empty.... but didn't overheat....when i tried to start the car again....it would idle real low and try to start but then it started make this rattling noise in the top end...but then when it started it was fine and idled fine....i had put it in time the other night...but maybe i did somthing wrong....The smoke was coming from the back right hand side of the motor next the brake booster........I looked with all my might i didn't see any leaks of oil, tranny fluid, but i did loose some oil pressure....the first notch on the on the gauge is where is would sit at idle....now it sits lower.......i have no idea what the heck is going on...maybe a lot of bad things happened at the same time......i'm just gonna sleep on it until it cools down....i didn't really get mad or discouraged or somthing like that...i don't have a lot of money and i do owe money on it....but it should all work out....i hope...

Ok after tinkering with...i noticed that my valve cover were kind of loose so i tightened them up....then following the piping from my firewall to the water line that goes around the engine...the oil had dripped onto that pipe....because of my radiator was spraying the water onto the fan...from there to the valve covers, making that connection slippery and when under pressure had loosened the piping, there for when driving radiator fluid poured out onto my tranny, causing the crazy amount of steam, causing all the water to be out of my radiator, minus the water from the radiator leak:]...getting a oem one to hold me till next pay check, i will try to figure out the knocking noise but i was thinking of draining the oil, just so if some water some how magically got in there, i could get it out....but we'll see.....maybe i am correct...if the head is warped or somthing i found one my cousin has at his shop for 50 bucks....been sitting there since the supra's were just coming out...:]....possible use but no damage...cams and everything...WHOOT

well even with tinkering with it more, i poured some fluid into the radiator and the next thing you know it came POUUURRRING out faster than i was putting it in, from behind the starter, i check the hose, NOTHING, checked all around, then i squeezed my hand behind the starter and felt it coming out of the freeze plug area....i was like WWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFF....i checked cygnus, there are 3 back there, i had them replaced by the machine shop.......i guess they did a shitty job.......or somthing built up pressure....i did use my heater, and had never used it before that night also....weird....