knock sensors?

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
yeah the cable did break but i spliced them back together though. i plan on soldering them but i was hoping that would be enough with the connectors. And yes I have noticed the love/hate relationship thing with these cars, it has been one thing after another..im just glad I still have a good running vehicle to get me around.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
thanks for that i printed out the same thing off all data from school but i dont remember where i put it. thanks again

Zach

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
boost fiend said:
first get new plugs and wires. are you sure that its not a na-t?

ive been running with only 1 for about 6 months and is not that sluggish. check your codes too!

I dynoed at 320rw/360tq and prior to that, owning the car for over a year with only 1 working knock sensor. It shouldn't make that big of a difference. If it feels SLUGGISH, or simply underpowered, check your timing.

Jeff

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
also rocketman i had to improvize on one of my connectors with one from a electrical kit that i had laying around, it seems to work

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
finally got a chance to pull some codes, i got 24 (Intake air Temp Sensor Signal) where exactly is it? sorry i am new to supras. also i pulled 41 (Throttle Position Sensor Signal) found that pretty easy. just wondering would either of those cause it to run like it has a skip or just run plain sluggish? also it idles around 1200 rpm. next weekend i hope to get around to checking the timing as well, i have a timing light now.

BRIAN

Supramania Contributor
Jan 7, 2006
socal
Use the search on the codes and you'll get all your answers.

As far as code 24 It should be your AFM that is out and your idle should be be about 750 rpm when completly warm.