knock or detonation

Mar 14, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i have a cressida actually. I recently swap engines with one i had replaced a head gasket on. Apparently i took to car to messed up mechanics cuz the ngk plugs and wires i had on the car was there and had some carbon fouled plugs. when i rev my engine, i have heard some many answers. from wrist pin to bearings to something in the head. so i did the wire test and plug out each spark plug wire from the distributor cap and narrowed it down to cylinder 4. i replaced the plugs and the sound went away but came back again.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
BKCressida1718;1074803 said:
i have a cressida actually. I recently swap engines with one i had replaced a head gasket on. Apparently i took to car to messed up mechanics cuz the ngk plugs and wires i had on the car was there and had some carbon fouled plugs. when i rev my engine, i have heard some many answers. from wrist pin to bearings to something in the head. so i did the wire test and plug out each spark plug wire from the distributor cap and narrowed it down to cylinder 4. i replaced the plugs and the sound went away but came back again.
When you replaced the HG did you check out the rod bearings? If you got too much coolant in the oil before you caught it, you could have ruined the bearings and now you have rod knock. If you can post up a video of it might be able to tell from that.