Killed a ss camaro twice

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
At the local races ( in mexico of course), a friend of a friend lock up a race between us.

My mods: Stock rebuilt 7mgte, slightly higher compression,(from decking the head and block and stock size hg) W58, 4.30lsd, bic ddp, full 3" no cats or resonator. Stock intercooler, Stock ct26, half of the stock piping. 12-13lbs. Mkiv 16" rears with 255/50/16 Mickey thompson drag radials. Interior gutted from behind the front seats.

His mods, 2000 Automatic Camaro SS, Shift kit, headers, full exhaust, intake. Street tires.

We lined up. Both did our burnouts. 1rst race I had him off the line hard due to me having the drag radials. Top of second gear I was 2 cars ahead, revved it out to 6700 in each gear and mid 4th gear shut it down, still had the 2 cars on him when i let off.. It was a good ass close ass race. Afterwards he said he had no traction and wanted to run again.

Next race he wanted to launch a lil further back on the stickier section of pavement where every did there burnouts and practice their launches be4 they ran in order to help the camaro get better traction. (Which he did)

This race I still had him off the line in 1rst, top of 2nd, I was just 1 car ahead. all of 3rd gear I was able to hold that 1 car length and then in 4th he started to real me back in. Now we passed the 1/4 mile marker already with me about a half a car length in front. But we both still layed in it just for fun. Top of 4th which is 120mph for me he was at my rear bumper and in 5th he slowly got up to my door and passed me at 130-135mph

So in a half mile run, yes he won, but in the quarter mile run, we passed the quarter mile mark while in still in 4th so I won, But none the less I had the best time of my life. It was the closest race I've had since I finished the swap. I love to watch races like this where the cars are evenly match. If he had on drag radials, I probrably would've been playing catch up and wouldnt have been able to real him back in. But its run what you brung rite?. i was happy that in 3rd, and 4th, i was able to hold him off.

I think its time for a Intercooler piping, Wideband, Walbro and lexus afm and a afc for some tuning. Then master power t70 lol.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Nice killl, my friend has an SS its a manual though, he brought it down from michigan and i beat the piss out of it... I dont think they back up all the hype IMO. I didnt know they made them in autos.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
redmk3turbo;1420789 said:
Nice kill, sucks he passed u at 1/2 mile

yea with the 4:30 lsd ratio, I'm off the line and run thru my gears quick, but once i hit 5th thats it. I think if i had 3.91 in the diff, i woulda stayed in 4th gear a lil longer, gave up a lil bit of acceleration but i prolly coulda hold 4th gear and squeeze out a few more mph and pass the half mile mark still in 4th in my powerband.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
nice kill, i got so many people that wanna lock it up with me (srt4, 350z, and a bunch of hondas) but im nervous cause of my tickets. when r we getting another meet together?

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Boosted516;1420919 said:
nice kill, i got so many people that wanna lock it up with me (srt4, 350z, and a bunch of hondas) but im nervous cause of my tickets. when r we getting another meet together?

were going to the track 2moro morning 8am, call me, and tell your boys that they gotta race me first lol

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Your friend need to sticky tires. With his set up he should easily run 12.50's. I'm not sure if his Camaro has the same bolt patter as our cars, but if they do you should lend him your tires so he can make a good run.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1428069 said:
Your friend need to sticky tires. With his set up he should easily run 12.50's. I'm not sure if his Camaro has the same bolt patter as our cars, but if they do you should lend him your tires so he can make a good run.

i wouldnt say 12.50, low 13's yes, i run 13.7 with a 2.1 60ft and possibily a 13.5 with a 1.8 or 1.9 60ft.

2nd gear im still pulling away from him, in 3rd we are dead even, and in 4h we are dead even until top of 4th when he begins to SLOWLY pull me bac in when im higher in the revs past 5grand and the power curve starts dropping off, say from 1/2 car length to a bumper and he needs all of 5th hear to get his nose in front of mines. Thats way past a 1/4. Low 13's yes but 12.5? nah dude

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
99+ LS1 Fbody's were running 13.20's all night bone stock. Even the automatics. Shod the rear with some good stickies and the were hitting high 12's. Full exhaust, shifter kit, & free mods had them at mid to low 12's.... easily. I've seen these cars at the dragstrip all the time when they were rolling off the showroom floor back then.

If he can't hit mid 12's with his setup then he engine must be worn out. It will run mid 12's.

BTW, racing on the street and at the dragstrip are very different. When I used to run on the street I used to take out mid to high 12second cars when I was only running low 13's.